"No loss" recovery hedging system - page 12

Marco vd Heijden:

No i am not.

Who told you that EA's are illusive ?

They are not but the backtests results can be and that is the issue when they are presented as trustworthy.

Who told you that EA's depend on backtests ?

Tell me.

It seems that you are stuck in your own (mis)beliefs.
Sure

Felipe Ponce Aragon:
Yes, I am confident but I can not share it according to the MQL5 licensing method, I use it in real market and result is as un backtest.
Thank you Mr.Aragon, I would like to discuss with you on pm please 

HousseXZ:
I'm using tick date suit, it costs a lot to buy its licence so I can assume it's a good software

When I choose dukascopy tick data and choose any session on mt4 backtester without correcting it with + or - GMT hour differences I get different results on the tests compared to the time on soft4fx forex strategy tester which uses dukascopy data because the entries would either come earlier or later than the preferred period

So I can tell that Mr.Aragon has a point

But I can't deny the experience of a developer "Mr.Carreiro" as well

Still can't tell if there is a clear final answer to this argument

No Mr. Aragon does not have a point because the data was specifically produced for his broker (which I also use myself) and time-zone specifically as you yourself have pointed out that TickStory or Tick Data Suite does (just as other tools also do).

Furthermore, in order to verify that data was syncronised, the tick data was compared to broker data as well, and presented to Mr. Aragon as he well knows.

This was the first order of business before any of the many back-tests were carried out.

Also as @Marco vd Heijden pointed out, the back-test results can be very misleading, and for this reason I analysed the results trade by trade and outlined the various failings to Mr. Aragon, providing Excel sheets of the results under different stress conditions and how they could totally destroy the EAs results.

I went to great lengths to analyse the workings of the EA (several EAs actually) and provided all my analyses to Mr. Aragon completely free of charge. If he refuses to accept the information provided by someone much more experienced and qualified than himself in these matters, then it is totally up to him. There are many other qualified people who can confirm my findings if he wishes, but I doubt they they will put in the effort and do it for free.

EDIT: PS! When something is for free, people do not consider it of any value and usually disregard it. Had he paid dearly for my services, he would have looked at it very differently.

EDIT2: By the way, ALL the back-tests carried out were profitable, but what is important is the analyses (not provided here) done on those results showing how they are completely misleading:

• hxxps://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/fb-guh4s20-f-000-010/137510
  • hxxps://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/bf-guh1s20-f-000-010/137511
  • hxxps://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/bf-guh1s20-t-010-010/137529
  • hxxps://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/bf-guh1s20-f-000-011/137535
  • hxxps://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/bf-guh1s20-f-000-012/137537
  • hxxps://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/fb-guh4s20-t-010-010/137578
  • hxxps://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/bf-guh1s20-t-010-014/137580
  • hxxps://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/bf-guh1s20-t-012-010/137581
Please note that the site does not allow MyFXBook links, so you will have to change the "hxxps" to "https"!

HousseXZ: Could you elaborate please? Why do we pay for tick data then! 
I get the feeling that this whole business is based on illusions

You don't pay for tick data. It is free-of-charge. Anyone can download Dukascopy tick-data totally for free.

You pay for an application like TickStory or Tick Data Suite because you don't know how to code you own application to carry out the process, and so have to pay someone for that application.

Fernando Carreiro:

You don't pay for tick data. It is free-of-charge.

That depends on the quality and the provider, dukascopy is free of charge if that's what you mean

Other depends on the reported data if it's collected from 10 different reports per minute all over the globe then for sure it will cost

Not all tick data contains all the reported price and not all brokers get all the reported prices globally 

If you want to know more about what I'm talking about then do your homework and use Google

HousseXZ:
That depends on the quality and the provider, dukascopy is free of charge if that's what you mean

Other depends on the reported data if it's collected from 10 different reports per minute all over the globe then for sure it will cost

Not all tick data contains all the reported price and not all brokers get all the reported prices globally 

If you want to know more about what I'm talking about then do your homework and use Google

I know exactly what you are talking about, and I don't need to do any such "homework". For most instruments, especially for Forex, all the quality data available (and not just Dukascopy), can be obtained totally free, provided you develop your own tools for the job!

You can even import MetaTrader 5 data (into MetaTrader 4) if you know how to code it!

Obviously, if you don't know how to code the tools yourself, then you have to pay someone for it!

HousseXZ:

Who told you that you have to pay for historic data ?

What makes you believe that paid data has any advantage over free data ?

When need to backtest any EA, it's important to test on your broker's own history, third party data can not tell they story as your EA will run on your broker's tick data not on 3rd party.

Need to understand 

Modeling quality doesn't mean EA quality it means broker's tick data history quality related to M1 

Waseem Raza:

When need to backtest any EA, it's important to test on your broker's own history, third party data can not tell they story as your EA will run on your broker's tick data not on 3rd party.

Need to understand 

Modeling quality doesn't mean EA quality it means broker's tick data history quality related to M1 

That is an incorrect statement. Specially in the case of Forex, as there are only a few liquidity providers which are used by many brokers, so for non market maker brokers, historical tick data is very similar between brokers.

Also, if an EA is incapable of dealing with the minor differences between broker data, then it is absolutely guaranteed to fail in live trading and needs to be scraped.

PS! For Tick data, modeling quality is non-applicable as it is real tick data and not generated (modeled) synthetic tick data based on M1 data. Modelling quality simply does not apply in this case!

Fernando Carreiro:

That is an incorrect statement. Specially in the case of Forex, as there are only a few liquidity providers which are used by many brokers, so for non market maker brokers, historical tick data is very similar between brokers.

Also, if an EA is incapable of dealing with the minor differences between broker data, then it is absolutely guaranteed to fail in live trading and needs to be scraped.

PS! For Tick data, modeling quality is non-applicable as it is real tick data and not generated (modeled) synthetic tick data based on M1 data. Modelling quality simply does not apply in this case!

Testing 3rd party and live practicing on broker doesn't makes sense, If your broker show a big chart gape what you will do depend on backtest?

So it's important when backtest also include big chart gaps to fix EA for any future threat 

On 15 Jan 2015 Flash regard CHF  few top brokers stopped traders access to close their trades so a lot or good LP's in brokers circle wouldn't help, it can happen again so must need to prepare like this 

Modeling Quality applies it tells if broker history missing , it's a key point to test in history , What EA will face difficulties on live  you must need to test in that way. Third party will not be responsible in any loss.

Reason: