Sacred knowledge. - page 2

Grigoriy Chaunin:
by the fact that there is no way to put the limit cap above or below the market in the betting market.

This is then that:

sell limit

Try placing a buy limit order there. it's where the sell orders are.

Grigoriy Chaunin:
Not a refinement of Metakvote. It's good if they do. Right now there are two arrows for stop and limit. We should do a third one.

The stupidity lies already in the fact that "limiters" change to "stops" when dragged to the oncoming gang.

Whoever came up with this know-how has ever traded in limiters?

It's a "time bomb", the limiters instantly turn into stops that work "on the market"!

Using the above quote as an example, I'll explain to those who came up with such logic:

• A trader puts a hundred lots to sell on any "asc." - limit.
  • at a certain moment, when he sees a decent bid, he drags his order to it, which miraculously transforms into a pending market order - stop and...
  • nothing happens... it hangs, waiting for a trade... (during this time, by the way, a good counter can be taken off, but not the point...)
  • and only when an outside deal has occurred - instead of taking the volume at this level and staying at the same level,
  • the limit order in the past goes flying in a daring market drop as long as there's enough volume for it.

is this normal behaviour?

but as for the subject, I can only offer the same, but from the third point onwards...

Grigoriy Chaunin:
try placing a buy limit order there.

It is not difficult for you to clarify exactly what you meant:

order types

in the opening there will soon be shares in mt, and there are no market orders on them, only limiters. i wonder how mt will cope with this.

I was referring to counter limit orders.

What's frustrating is that MT5(MQ) is constantly trying to fit the diversity of all trading into a narrow model of understanding how we should do it.

And there are restrictions on all sides. For example I don't understand why in the context menu you can't put sell limits below the best ask. What the hell for?

And you can't put anything in the spread... only alerts...

I understand exactly, but I'm tired to ask - if you have announced an exchange terminal, be kind enough to develop it based on exchange instruments! And they are mostly low-liquid! And everything will go well...

There's a lot of bullshit going on.

Karputov Vladimir:

It is not difficult for you to clarify exactly what you meant by that:

For example, to put a buy limit with a price higher than the ask.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Some bullshit is going on.
traditional response
Reason: