Sacred knowledge. - page 6

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Nothing changes in this forum over the years. Renat, ban me too )

People don't change, and the world is a struggle, but not a blooming field with fluttering butterflies.

If to the first question could be simply answered: no, such an opportunity does not exist and is not planned (we see no need in it, because few people put a buy-limit above the price directly from the cup), then to the second question, as for me, the answer is needed:

They are different entities - by limit I declare the maximum slippage to which I agree, whereas the stop shows my intention to enter the market at any price. How can they be interchanged without me asking anything?

Everything works reasonably and only some individuals try to find the slightest clue since the main sketch doesn't go through.

When Sell Limit (triggered when the price is above the Bid level) is moved outside the Bid level, there is a perfectly reasonable conversion to Sell Stop (triggered when the price is above the Bid level). A Sell Stop in the depths of the Bid is waiting to be triggered as a downside breakout bid.

Everything is very reasonable, especially considering that these orders in MetaTrader are more than 10 years old.

Now about the "without asking me" thing:

1. Everything is asked, including agreeing to instant triggering requests
  2. Every drag'n'drop operation in the stack shows both a move/conversion of the request type and detailed tooltips describing the request. The above screenshot shows the transfer of basic Stop Limit orders to Sell Stop when dragging with the mouse
  3. Allegedly "unsuspecting trader" took his own order, dragged it to the right place, saw the prompts and threw the order in the right place

The glass in MetaTrader 5 is a real scalper.

Moreover, it is not the only one that trades, but there is a whole range of methods of making trades:

1. Glass

2. One Click Trading from the chart

3. One Click Trading from Market Watch window

4. Regular trade window

5. Directly from the chart by right-clicking on a position

6. Instant modification of stops on open positions and moving pending orders with the mouse right on the chart

7. Trading with your own scripts and Expert Advisors

8. Trading via custom stakes/panels bought from other developers

And against this background a couple of comrades appear, who claim that trading is unsuitable.

Has anyone tried to set a regular limit in MQL5 at a price worse than the current one? In MT4 this is not possible, but in MT5 can it be done, like in other stock exchange terminals?

123:
Has anyone tried to set a regular limit in MQL5 at a price worse than the current one? In MT4 it is impossible, but in MT5 will it work, like in other exchange terminals?

If you mean setting orders inside the spread, it all works - I showed it in details earlier: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/65129/page5#comment_1958387

If not, then specify exactly what you mean with specific conditions.

Renat Fatkhullin:

If not, specify exactly what you mean with specific conditions.

Put a BuyLimit at a price higher than Ask. The exchange will then open a position with all the liquidity (but no more than specified in the order) of the cup that was before BuyLimit.

123:
Place a BuyLimit at a price higher than Ask. The exchange will then open a position with all the liquidity (but no more than specified in the order) of the cup that was before the BuyLimit.
I will check on Monday on MOEX.

Renat Fatkhullin:

When the Sell Limit (to trigger when the price reaches ) is moved outside the Bid, there is a perfectly reasonable conversion to Sell Stop (to trigger when the price level is broken ). Sell Stop in the depths of the Bid waiting to happen

But why do we need this "reasonable conversion"? A professional trader (and even more so a scalper) decides by himself what type of order he needs at any given moment. He does not need babysitters.This is why this product is rightly criticized as unserious. Normal exchange terminals do not contain such nonsense.

Moreover, when one is actively scalping by the Bid, it counts for fractions of a second. Therefore, the programmer has no time to read your prompts ("Sell limit" or "Buy stop"), the main thing is to manage to hit the price with the mouse. And if at this moment the order suddenly changes its type... Well, it is certainly not good for scalping.

You don't have to check. This has been written about in the thread. Yes it is possible both in MQL and through the New Order form.

Alexey Navoykov:

But why do we need this "reasonable conversion"? A professional trader (and even more so a scalper) decides by himself what type of order he needs at any given moment. He does not need babysitters.This is why this product is rightly criticized as unserious. Normal exchange terminals do not contain such nonsense.

Moreover, when one is actively scalping by the glass, it counts for fractions of a second. Therefore, there is no time to read your prompts ("Sell limit" or "Buy stop"), the main thing is to have time to click on this price. And if at this point the order suddenly changes its type... Well, it is definitely not suitable for scalping.

Scalper? Milliseconds?

Use MQL5, which has exactly adapted to this. And for manual operations, the behaviour is reasonable.

Memorising which button means what is meant is not a problem. They have arrows drawn on them. But it's really easy to make a mistake in the Quick tumbler. I don't want to describe how it is built. But it is very inconveniently arranged, which is why they write third-party drives for it.

This is bullshit, comrades. Renat does not seem to understand what traders are telling him. To be honest, I myself did not immediately understand what the author of the thread was writing about. And when I got it, I am ready to support him with both hands. He says everything correctly about the impossibility to set a buy limit higher than the Ask and a sell limit lower than the Bid, thus controlling the slippage. Setting a buy limit higher than the current Ask, we as though agree to buy at the market, but with a limited slippage in advance. And it is very convenient and important.

The same from the context menu on the chart, there's also no option to set a limit worse than the current price. You don't have to wag your finger like that. Moreover, the limitation of setting a limit inside the spread in the chart from the context menu looks even more strange. To check this, open any instrument, switch to M1, increase the size of candles so that the Ask and Bid lines are wide enough and right click between them. A menu will appear, go to Trade and . only Alert and New Order. Where is the Buy Limit and Sell Limit?

I also resent the fact that the market does not remember the settings if you close it. For example, I want the spread to be always opened in the betting market, every time I have to make some extra steps - click the button below the title or double-click in the spread area. This is inconvenient!

Even more inconvenient is the inability to link the market window with the current chart! When you switch from one chart to another one, the market window will also switch to the selected symbol. The terminal needs more flexibility!

The same applies to sorting the symbols in the Market Watch. Why is there no such elementary thing as alphabetical sorting?

Reason: