Sacred knowledge. - page 10

Izzatilla Ikramov:

Thank you, and if tick data is used for testing - it means that the TS is also built for trading in a very short time, up to a few seconds. If this is the case, then the technical analysis of charts built on tick data will be used. And how can this be implemented? Or am I mistaken and tick data are necessary for any TS working at any timeframe.

I just can't understand such a desperate need for tick data. Well optimized with high quality modeling, but it still does not provide anything for future trading.

The use of tick data does not always imply a short trading time. For example, it is possible to monitor certain breakdowns of resistance/support areas with a low stop. The charts may be of common TFs.

Drawing of tick charts is a matter of technique.

And what can be useful for future trading then? Please give an example.

Tapochun:

The use of tick data does not always imply short trading times. For example, it may be possible to track certain breakdowns of resistance/support areas with a low stop. The charts may be of common TFs.

Drawing of tick charts is a matter of technique.

And what can be useful for future trading then? Please give an example.

Any indicator, trend line, Fibonacci levels, ratio of traders' open positions, etc. may be useful for future trading, for which tick data are not necessary at all and which somehow/indicatively show the direction. And it is the trader's job to determine appropriateness and enter the trade taking into account possible risks.

Maybe, there are profitable EAs including tick data, maybe I'm not strong in this direction and do not understand what the experienced programmers and others who point to the sacred knowledge, that cannot be understood by an ordinary trader.

Izzatilla Ikramov:

Any indicator, trend line, Fibonacci levels, ratio of traders' open positions, etc. for which tick data is not needed at all and which somehow/indicates the direction can be used to trade in the future. And it is the trader's job to determine appropriateness and enter the trade taking into account possible risks.

Maybe, there are profitable EAs including tick data, maybe I'm not strong in this direction and do not understand what the experienced programmers and others who point to the sacred knowledge, that cannot be understood by an ordinary trader.

An ordinary trader-customer finds it useful, first of all, because it is less likely to buy a tester's grail. Ideally, this term should not exist anymore. If the spread is also real.

I don't really need tick data. I need the possibility to create my own symbol and upload my own quotes into it, starting from minute data.

In MT5 many brokerage companies usually have short quotes history. But quotes of different brokerage companies are not very different now and with time the difference will become less.

That is why we may test the robot on our own history and trade according to quotes of brokerage companies.

Plus their symbols will open a whole layer of intermarket strategies.

forexman77:

I don't really need tick data. I need the possibility to create my own symbol and upload my own quotes into it, starting from minute data.

In MT5 many brokerage companies usually have short quotes history. But quotes of different brokerage companies are not very different now and with time the difference will become less.

That is why we may test the robot on our own history and trade according to quotes of brokerage companies.

Plus their symbols will open a whole layer of intermarket strategies.

This is already planned.

We will open the possibility of correct and beautiful working with custom instruments and writing own datafeed plugins. And it will also be possible to manually insert files.

Renat Fatkhullin:

This is already planned.

We will open up opportunities to work properly and beautifully with custom tools and write our own datafeed plugins. And it will also be possible to manually tamper with the files.

And, say, it will be possible to build a graph of X tick candles?

Tapochun:
And let's say it would be possible to chart from X tick candles?

And not only from X candlesticks, but from Y tick candlesticks would be a good chart too )

And the tester will be testing against real spreads, not cosmic ones?

And when will all this happiness be upon us? )

demonsn:

And the tester will be testing against real spreads, not cosmic ones?

And when will all this happiness be upon us? )

You call real spreads from M1 space spreads?

I mean FORTS. It's cosmic, intergalactic.
Reason: