Blog FAQ - page 13

Will there be a "upload screenshot to blog" button in the terminal?

aytugan:

Will there be a "upload screenshot to blog" button in the terminal?

Yes.

And even more - the goal is to make it easy to make analytics from the terminal. And we may attach the working profiles with charts at once. This will be a completely different level of visualization when any trader will be able to safely download the profile from any site into the terminal and analyze it independently instead of the outdated scheme "I've just posted a small screenshot and you think it through".

Renat:

We are gradually winding down the incentive mechanisms as the flywheel gathers momentum.

Instead, we are investing even more in the technological development of services.

So it turns out that we need to phase out distribution of our products for free? I.e. while I believe it is not worth charging money for a certain product, I gratefully accept rewards from you for downloading those products - after all, there is a certain confidence.

If there is no longer any support from you for downloading free products in the form of bonus credits, then we need to move on to a different track - we need to get down to paid products in the Market.

Are my considerations correct?

If you don't mind my saying so, I'd like to express my opinion about encouraging free products on the market. There's so much useful stuff out there for free these days, it's hard for sellers of commercial products to keep up with the competition.

artmedia70:

So, is it a case of gradually phasing out distribution of your products for free? That is, while I don't think it's worth charging money for a certain product, I gratefully accept encouragement from you for downloading those products - after all, there is a certain confidence.

If there is no longer any support from you for downloading free products in the form of bonus credits, then we need to move onto a different track - to go straight to paid products in the Market.

Although there is no getting away from free products, it is best to take the most direct route to income:

1. Create a product with a certain price
  2. Design it as properly as possible, including avatars, screenshots, videos and descriptions
  3. Don't rely solely on the marketplace, but promote your name, including articles/blogs that can be based in a reasonable proportion on your products
  4. Actively respond to enquiries, private messages and work with emerging customers
  5. Run third-party promotions to attract attention

This is what every software vendor is forced to do in this world. Marketing is more important than the product, unfortunately. It's better to think about monetisation straight away rather than being put off past the tenth turn of the road.

The option of massively releasing free products is only good as a secondary method of getting your name out there and is best used in a limited way.

Generally speaking, there are plenty of ideas on the surface for implementation. Especially now it's easy to implement them in MQL4/MQL5 after the release of WebRequest functions.

Look at how long and successful AutoChartist has been working - a lot of good businesses can be built on this idea.

Make a slightly contrived neurodrive, describe it in detail, make an easy setup, spend a week on a couple of articles with step-by-step instructions and sell it.

Start a blog, where once a week you will post analysis results, steps and setup presets.

MQL4/MQL5 have such a great functionality that one could easily write computer games. Somebody even posted Minesweeper for fun: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/4901

Trading Panel TimeKiller Minesweeper MT4
Trading Panel TimeKiller Minesweeper MT4
  • Maxim Bondarchuk
  • www.mql5.com
Minesweeper - a puzzle computer game. A time-killer for MetaTrader 4 for you to have some fun keeping the chart in sight.

Renat:

Although there is no getting away from free products, it is best to take the most direct route to income:

1. Create a product with a price
  2. Design it as properly as possible, including avatars, screenshots, videos and descriptions
  3. Do not rely solely on the market, but do your name promotion, including articles/blogs, which can be based on your products to a reasonable extent
  4. Actively respond to enquiries, private messages and work with emerging customers
  5. Run third-party promotions to attract attention

This is what every software vendor is forced to do in this world. Marketing is more important than the product, unfortunately. It's better to think about monetisation straight away, rather than putting it off past the tenth turn of the road.

Option with mass release of free products is good only as an auxiliary method to promote your name and it is better to use it in a limited way.

Generally speaking, there are plenty of ideas on the surface for implementation. Especially now it's easy to implement them in MQL4/MQL5 after the release of WebRequest functions.

Look at how long and successful AutoChartist has been working - a lot of good businesses can be built on this idea.

Yes, thank you for the comprehensive answer. This is exactly the direction we are trying to move in.

papaklass:

The blogs are kind of dead.

No one is commenting, hardly any likes .... Where are the thousands of users Renat regularly mentions? Even the views are paltry.

I, for example, was expecting something different, so I'm watching and not posting :-)... I'll see what happens next...

I had imagined something whole, "my piece" where I can write for myself, who like it, let them see, it's not important, now what I see, if I start to post it will be like if I'll post on a poplar or birch leaves, a little on top a little in the middle and a little below and all these leaves will be scattered across the blogosphere...... I want my own leaflet with bookmarks to organize and structure my entries, screenshots, etc ...

Renat:

The plane doesn't need to fly on afterburner all the time.

We have concentrated on providing valuable/unique services and have currently reached a very good level. Constant inflow of registrations, growth of marketplace, signals and orders. Lots of services in development, a lot of constant improvements throughout the project. Increasingly close integration of trading platforms with the community.

Yes, but stimulation was one part of achieving this level. and no one knows if it is important or unimportant, there is only one way to check it, remove it and see what happens (a difficult task as there are many other variables, I think for programmers I have made myself clear)

I am somewhat familiar with aviation, for the last 10 years, I am not sure that the afterburner should be removed when climbing, moreover, this decision is often fatal(if it concerns exactly climbing).... of course if the current achievements are assessed as sufficient and there is a decision to move to a gliding flight and the performance of the aircraft allows.... then of course.

There's no such thing as too much altitude in aviation, there's not enough...... but ... this is about aviation

So just a question.

- Is the level 'very good', 'sufficient', or is it 'altitude limit'?

papaklass:

I've never been into blogging. Here I tried it for the first time.

My first impression as a layman is that it is very convenient and informative. The blogs are in a common stream (all topics are visible) and at the same time it is possible to choose the topic of interest.

Yes, but now it is little different from the forum, only the design, the section tree except that the side and the list of topics of sections is different, you can configure the existing forum that next to the topic is lit at the beginning of the first post or the first post ... and bbbudet be the same

Blogs seem to me something else, a blog has an author who has the rights of a moderator within his blog, a blog is a behind the scenes structure where everything on the topic that author thinks it is necessary, he publishes within his blog (well, if repost, then it is more correct with a link) and he does not need to look somewhere in other branches and give there links

Reason: