Who has a website? Is it worth it or not to keep your own resource?

The actual question is in the title of the topic. MetaQuotes gives you few opportunities to promote your products and ideas within the platform. There is a Marketplace with multilingual support, screenshots and descriptions (albeit short). There are blogs where you can publish additional material, including commercial ones. There is, after all, a forum where you can simply share your ideas.

On the other hand, many developers have their own websites. Recently thinking about the same - to have their own site. The question is, is it worth the effort? How will it increase sales? The site has to be seriously taken care of: content, translation, updating information, not to mention the permanent development. So it turns out that the cost, at least just the time will be serious, and monetisation from this case is not obvious. On the other hand, if you are serious about the site is still needed.

Feedback from those who have had such an experience. What do you think about it?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

The actual question is in the title of the topic. MetaQuotes gives you few opportunities to promote your products and ideas within the platform. There is a Marketplace with multilingual support, screenshots and descriptions (albeit short). There are blogs where you can publish additional material, including commercial ones. There is, after all, a forum where you can simply share your ideas.

On the other hand, many developers have their own websites. Recently thinking about the same - to have their own site. The question is, is it worth the effort? How will it increase sales? The site has to be seriously taken care of: content, translation, updating information, not to mention the permanent development. So it turns out that the cost at least just time will be serious, and monetisation from this case is not obvious. On the other hand, if you are serious about the site is still needed.

Feedback from those who have had such an experience. What do you think about it?

There are designers for a free site
Бесплатный конструктор сайтов. Создайте свой сайт самостоятельно!
Бесплатный конструктор сайтов. Создайте свой сайт самостоятельно!
  • www.ucoz.ru
Биржа фриланса для поиска и размещения заказов Находите интересные проекты, зарабатывайте на их реализации и ищите исполнителей для своих задач.

If I do, it will only be in ASP.NET. I also don't want to depend on any engines/frameworks. Only ASP.NET, only hardcore. At the same time I will train my skills in this direction:).

p.s. Well, no "free sites" - it's not even serious somehow.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

On the other hand, many developers have their own websites. Recently thinking about the same - to have their own site. The question is, is it worth the effort? How will it increase sales? The site has to be seriously taken care of: content, translation, updating information, not to mention the permanent development. So it turns out that the cost, at least just the time will be serious, and monetisation from this case is not obvious. On the other hand, if you are serious about the site is still needed.

Keep the site is worthwhile, the costs are great, both financially and temporarily. The question is the goals. I recommend you first sit down and make a "paper" to develop a strategy. So there will be an understanding of what must be done, why, and what are the possibilities of further promotion. Can you do it alone? Yes, you can, but it is hard.

Apart from forex, what other ideas do you have for a website?

Stanislav Aksenov:

Apart from forex, what other ideas do you have for a website?

Cryptocurrencies

Vasiliy Sokolov:

On the other hand, many developers have their own websites. Recently thinking about the same - to have their own site. The question is, is it worth the effort? How will it increase sales? The site has to be seriously taken care of: content, translation, updating information, not to mention the permanent development. So it turns out that the cost at least just time will be serious, and monetisation from this case is not obvious. On the other hand, if you are serious about the site is still needed.

First, your site is your site. Your interests there, whatever they may be - the main (as opposed to here).

The site is monetized fairly quickly, if you do not hammer on it. Not instantly, but 3-4 months to the point of profitability is not a deadline.
But it does take talent to write something all the time. It is difficult for an active developer or trader - when the main work is done (the head and time are busy), it is difficult to be distracted by artistic texts.

as long as the site, even with minimal visits, sales were growing and orders are actively increasing, as soon as a long pause - all returned to "business as usual.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Maintain the site - it's like two, no, it's like three extra jobs :).

For example, search engines love the site to be updated with fresh text (articles, posts, and the like) - then in the search engine rankings the site will move higher in the rankings.

Then upgrading all sorts of engines, widgets - it can bring to the gray hair.

I'll take this opportunity to sell the domain.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

If I do, it will only be in ASP.NET. I also don't want to depend on any engines/frameworks. Only ASP.NET, only hardcore. At the same time I will train my skills in this direction:).

p.s. And no "free sites" - it's not even serious somehow.

And the frontend? Will you use new js frameworks, like react js and others? Or do you want to use just js with jquery?

Vladimir Karputov:

Maintaining a website is like two, no, it's like three extra jobs :).

For example, search engines love the site to be updated with fresh texts (articles, posts and the like) - then the site will be promoted higher in the search engine rankings.

Then upgrading all sorts of engines, widgets - it can bring to the gray hair.

I'll take this opportunity to sell the domain.

This is understandable. Here you probably need to be clear about the end result: at the beginning let it be a simple engine, with minimal functionality. For example, just a description of the products and direct links to them in the marketplace + something else.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

First of all, your website is YOUR website. Your interests there, whatever they may be, are paramount (unlike here).

The site monetises pretty quickly if you don't screw it up. Not instantly, but 3-4 months to the point of profitability is not a deadline.
But it takes talent to write something all the time. It is difficult for an active developer or trader - when the main work is done (the head and time are busy), it is difficult to be distracted by artistic texts.

As long as I ran the site, even with minimal visits, sales increased and orders actively increased, as soon as a long pause - everything returns to "business as usual".

Thank you, valuable experience.

Reason: