A trend-following strategy. - page 9

JLY:
You know the relationship between teacher and pupil? Everything depends on the student, not the teacher. Because if the student will literally use what the teacher teaches, he will not learn anything. Rules are not followed by literalness but by love, it is written in the Bible.

Well you don't want to teach students ... Or do you think people should understand for themselves? if this is a public forum, and MT5 is aimed at the masses - you need to teach (especially if it is a public strategy). And the terms (I have never heard such terms like yours) - that is theory, and practice.

Otherwise it turns out that we have opened a branch for ourselves....

JLY:<br / translate="no">

without money management it's not a strategy, don't you agree?)

I, by the way, do not have a strategy. After all, I did not invent caliper resistances and how to analyze and trade on them. I am not the author of the indicator, that I use for this purpose. My branch is called like this: Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5

And I have a lot of goodies there (new Expert Advisors and indicators are created by kind people ...) :

Forum

Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5

newdigital, 2013.06.06:48

Market Condition Evaluation

story/thread was started from here/different thread

================================

Market condition
  • the theory with examples (primary trend, secondary trend) - read staring fromthis post till this one
  • Summary about market condition theory is onthis post
  • Practical examples about every market condition case by indicators: starting fromthis page tillthis one
  • trendstrength_v2 indicator ishere,
  • AbsoluteStrength indicator ishere
  • AbsoluteStrengthMarket indicator ishere to download.

3 Stoch MaFibo trading system for M5 and M1 timeframe

PriceChannel ColorPar Ichi system.

MaksiGen trading system

Merrill's patterns are on this page.

Divergence- how to use, explanation and where to read about.

Scalp_net trading system
  • The template/indicators and how to use are on this comment.

• scalp_net_v132_tf EA is on this post with optimization results/settings for EURUSD M5 timeframe
  • possible settings #1 for this EA for EURUSD M5 timeframe with backtesting results is on this post.

MTF systems

more to follow ...

newdigital:

Well you don't want to teach students ... Or do you think people should understand for themselves? if this is a public forum, and MT5 is aimed at the masses - you need to teach (especially if it is a public strategy). And the terms (and such as you have never heard) - that is theory, and practice.

Otherwise it turns out that you have opened a branch for yourself ...

If I acted as a teacher, I would fail in practice. I offer communication in an interesting methodology and strategy. There are people who are grateful and interested. There is no point in advertising either.

JLY:
If I were acting as a teacher, I would fail in practice. I offer communication on an interesting methodology and strategy. There are people who are grateful and interested. There is no point in advertising either.
I kind of support ... :)

JLY:
The Bible is hardly compatible with speculation )

TheXpert:
The Bible is hardly compatible with speculation )
why?)

Here was my mistake - I didn't look at the default lot size in Metatrader 5 settings (as I was trading exactly one lot before):

I usually use 0.1 lot per 1k of deposit. That is, if I want to take a position with 0.1 lot (for another pair for example) I need to have 2,000 deposit. This is my money management (if I'm trading seriously).

newdigital:

Here was my mistake - I didn't look at the default lot size in Metatrader 5 settings (as I was trading exactly one lot before):

I usually use 0.1 lot per 1k of deposit. That is, if I want to take a position with 0.1 lot (for another pair for example) I need to have 2,000 deposit. This is my money management (if I'm trading seriously).

How could it be?) You say it's not a strategy, but you allow the expert to trade) Have you already tested it on history, show me the results?

The points for drawing the flat trend line and the bounce trend line can be taken from e.g. a fractal. For a normal trend line, the drawing can be done by calculating a breakdown on the basis of a rebound trend line or a flat trend line.

I.e., it all starts with drawing of the flat and rebound trend lines according to the fractal signals. After that, the third point is looked for, i.e. maximum or minimum (as the 3rd point of the channel), and the rebound or breakdown signal is diagnosed by it. Reaching the third point, it is in fact a new rebound signal, and we get a new flat extremum, i.e. extension of the flat by the rebound signal.

For the trend lines, we will need to calculate the vertical line of "trend initiation window".

This is approximately how the indicator should look like.

There is a new post in the trading methodology thread. Made some corrections. Thank you all for the Brainstorm)

Reason: