A trend-following strategy. - page 4

JLY:

A flat starts after the end of a trend, and the flat ends on the time of the past trend, and a new trend starts on a signal of a breakdown of the flat).

But there is also a flat trend, and it differs from the normal trend. And then there is the rebound trend. All types of trends have an end, but the flat after a trend differs in time. Only the flat after the end of a trend is equal to the time of a trend.

Here is a picture ... Indicators from MT5 CodeBase, everything is clear and technical here:

How about you? How to trade by your strategy? Specifically if ...

JLY:

A flat starts after the end of a trend, and the flat ends on the time of the past trend, and a new trend starts on a signal of a breakdown of the flat).

But there is also a flat trend, and it differs from the normal trend. And then there is the rebound trend. All types of trends have an end, but the flat after a trend differs in time. Only the flop after the end of a trend is equal to the time of a trend.

This is what you call a flat breakdown (just a breakdown, or a breakdown of all visible support/support levels) - it was yesterday, on the news:

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

EURUSD, M1, 2013.06.07

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

nfp 1

EURUSD, M1, 2013.06.07, MetaQuotes Software Corp.

All lines are drawn by indicator from CodeBase (I have already given a link). That is - all technically ... by bars ...

newdigital:

Here's a picture I made ... Indicators from MT5 CodeBase, everything is clear and technical here:

How about you? How to trade with your strategy? Specifically if ...

Correction is what in forex they call a counter trend. For example, someone may say: "I trade against the trend". So, this is what he uses.

JLY:

But there is also a flat trend, and it differs from the normal trend. And then there is the rebound trend. All types of trends have an end, but the flat after a trend differs in time. Only the flat after the end of the trend is equal to the time of the trend.

Interesting, interesting ... I would like to find somewhere statistical substantiation of the extent to which a "breakout" increases the probability of a trend start. I think except the fact of outflow out of the channel borders we should take into account the lifetime of the flat on the time scale, when this flat exists for a long time, coming close to the lifetime of the average flat and a "breakthrough" happens, we should change the strategy to the trend one. Maybe, we can add a couple of other features, such as volatility compression, etc.

You will have a lot of work to formalize and code it all.

Good luck!

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

Reshetov:

Thank you for your explanatory work. I am now completely confused.

The flat trend is cool! And most importantly, it doesn't make any fucking sense. The more the picture becomes clearer, the more insane it becomes.

The rebound trend is there, but where's the surf trend?

Give me the surf chart, let's see what the trend is)

PunkBASSter:

There is no need for a new description. In my opinion, you should strive for simplicity in trading -- that is, try to break down the problem into smaller parts, rather than lumping together trend, flat, rebound and breakout. The three simple strategies are easier to understand. Of course, the strategy is obvious to you as to the author. I decided for myself long ago that this strategy is not for me, nevertheless thanks for the good idea with timing of end of flat and trend. It looks very good on the daily and weekly chart.

It is broken down into 3 parts in the algorithm)

It looks very good on the minutes too, not to mention the ticks. It means we deal with sequencing of any fluctuation in this world, on any timeframe)

newdigital:

I know bullish, bearish, correction, bear market rally, ranging and flat. How it all ends and starts - we know - from the indicators, and from the levels of support/resistance.

How do you draw the levels? On which bars? I mean the numbering of bars, starting from 0 (0 is an open bar). I understand that visually, but the strategy is technical, i.e. aglorythm.

I draw them with a "trained eye")

"trending flat" ! - sophisticated .... I guess the material will become clearer when the author of this method tries to write down the rules on paper, or better yet, in the form of a technical task - practice for creating an ATS. This method is based on graphical constructions - paternas, i.e. it can be programmed and run in the tester, but the trend is such that it is better to trade it on history.... What are we looking for? entry points?
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования - Документация по MQL5

Flat 2 blue lines, see trades on the account. Buy from the lower boundary on the rebound, take profit 1.3241.

perepel:

Interesting, interesting... I would like to find statistical substantiation of the extent to which a "breakthrough" increases the probability of a trend start. I think except the fact of outflow out of the channel borders we should take into account the lifetime of the flat on the time scale, when this flat exists for a long time approaching the lifetime of the average flat and a break-down occurs, we should change the strategy to the trend one. Maybe, we can add a couple of other features, such as volatility compression, etc.

All this will require a huge effort to be formalized and coded.

Good luck!

If you know that the flat after the normal trend lasts as long as the trend, you should not hang in the flat, but go out from the end of the trend and then trade in the flat. It turns out that the time of trading in the flat is known, and the break in the flat is already the entrance to the trend and it means the end of trading within the flat. Well, inside the flat, there are 2 types of trading according to the algorithm: by the extremums (on the rebound) and on the extension of the flat trend line.