A trend-following strategy. - page 8

JLY:

so it was you who asked for the statement) my charts see above)

Where is your next entry?

Next? Well I can't buy and sell at the same time in MT5 (in MT4 you can) ... I have buy at the moment. If there was no buy, I would open a sell stop somewhere below 1.3177, with sl just above 1.3242 or 1.3305, with tp 1.3109 but I would close earlier if profit, because the market is heavy now.

Well if someone is just interested in few pips profit, then two pending orders can be made on MT5 (on Metatrader 5 it is possible):

• sell stop at 1.3207
  • buy stop 1.3213

If you want some profit, but have no time to look at the chart all the time (like me), you can simply open a buy stop at 1.3221

Screenshots of MetaTrader platform

EURUSD, M1, 2013.06.10

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

few pips

EURUSD, M1, 2013.06.10, MetaQuotes Software Corp.

And we can also trade USDCHF in parallel ... If we think EURUSD is a buy, USDCHF could be a sell ... For example, to open a sell (market or pending stop) at 0.9371

But the market is risky now ... If you hadn't turned me on with the title of your topic, I wouldn't have even traded on the demo today.

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

USDCHF, M1, 2013.06.10

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

usdchf m1

USDCHF, M1, 2013.06.10, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

Anyway, if you use limit pending orders, you should have chosen USDJPY today instead of EURUSD for example :)
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

newdigital:

And we can also trade USDCHF in parallel ... If we think EURUSD is a buy, USDCHF could be a sell ... For example, to open a sell (market or pending stop) at 0.9371

But the market is risky now ... If you hadn't turned me on with the title of your topic, I wouldn't have even traded on the demo today.

no, manimagemant does not allow.

methodology is a theory and strategy is an algorithm?

newdigital:
In short, if you trade with limit pending orders, you should have chosen USDJPY today instead of EURUSD for example :)
I do not see the difference between EURJPY and other pairs as well as my and your equities chart, as any fluctuations can be analysed with this technique. By the way, give me a link to your equity chart for analysis)

JLY:

no, the manimagemant doesn't allow.

methodology is a theory, but strategy is an algorithm?

No. A methodology is the rules, while a strategy is a proven system, with a stateroom and rules ready for anyone to repeat the same thing.

JLY:
I don't see any difference between the Eurobucks and other pairs like mine and your equity chart, as any fluctuations can be analysed with this methodology. By the way, give me a link to your equity chart for analysis)
Yes, I almost had a margin call there - I opened three orders with lot = 1. I should have traded with 0.1 lot ... money management ... Equity may be so, but you have 10k demo and I have 1k ... should have taken 10k or already worked with 0.1

newdigital:
I almost had a margin call there - I opened three orders with lot = 1. I should have traded with 0.1 lot ... money management... Equity may be so, but you have 10k demo and I have 1k ... you should have taken 10k or you should have worked with 0.1
without money management it's not a strategy, don't you agree?)

newdigital:
No. A methodology is the rules, and a strategy is a proven system, with stats and rules ready for anyone to repeat the same thing.
You know the teacher-student relationship? Everything depends on the student, not the teacher. Because if a student will literally use what the teacher teaches, he will not learn anything. The rules are not followed by literalness but by love, it is written in the Bible.
Reason: