A trend-following strategy. - page 3

JLY:
well, get into it) i can trade

I wish I could too ... Can you write it so that anyone can trade? As for getting into it... I have been learning forex strategies since the last century :) .... I can get into this one too... Can I get the trading report here? And the rules of trade so anyone can trade too? How does your strategy differ from "normal" support/resistance trading? Literature review there ... have you improved something there that others have done in other ages?

========

Do you know how to test a strategy (this is not about your strategy, but ... just a thought ...)? Sit a schoolboy at the computer, briefly explain the rule of thumb, and he trades. By the way, you can easily improve the strategy by its ergonomics (pardon the word), and by the rules ...

Didn't you ask for a discussion? well, here goes... :)

========

In short - three pages already ... It's time to be specific and give your trade report. Your thread is called by the external link "How I trade ...". So?

JLY:

Description here.https://onlinebroker.ru/forum/index.php?PAGE_NAME=read&FID=32&TID=10689

Discuss and ask me questions here)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really enjoyed it!

It turns out we just need to figure out when the flat ends and the trend starts.

And the external link to the VTB24 forum? Oh, how I love and respect your bank ... I even have a few short stories here in our humorous thread about your bank ... Someone even said that I have literary talent... You can't imagine the talents one awakens when in contact with a bank... especially with the management [can barely write that word... :)]

============

In short - you need specifics.

PunkBASSter:
If you can trade profitably, good for you. But what you have described is not a strategy, but three strategies in one. A kind of serpent gorynych. It would be much clearer if each strategy was described separately. It's just muddled.
There's a description. What's not clear? Do you need a new description? That description was made in an arbitrary mode, probably to capture the essence...

newdigital:

I would also like to ... Can you write it so anyone can trade? As for getting into it ... I have been learning forex strategies since the last century :) .... I can get into this one too... Can I get the trading report here? And the rules of trade so anyone can trade too? How does your strategy differ from "normal" support/resistance trading? Literature review there ... have you improved something there that others have done in other ages?

========

Do you know how to test a strategy (this is not about your strategy, but ... just a thought ...)? Sit a schoolboy at the computer, explain briefly the rule of what to do, and he trades. By the way, you can easily improve the strategy by its ergonomics (pardon the word), and by the rules ...

Didn't you ask for a discussion? well, here goes... :)

========

In short - three pages already ... It's time to be specific and give your trade report. Your thread is called by the external link "How I trade ...". So?

Well yes, three sheets of flat)

I can write a more lucid way, i.e. the description of the methodology, which I have already made, to make it compact. But it will be the same. Is there a sense in it? Then tell me what is not clear.

Well, it turns out that I have improved it. Where in the literature is it written what exactly counts as a breakdown/breakdown? Or to know when and where the trend will end and the flop will start, plus how long the flop will continue after the trend?

Ok, i will start a new demo account...

login20054043

passwordglcqmv5

perepel:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I enjoyed it very much!

It turns out we just need to figure out when the flat ends and the trend starts.

The flat starts after the end of the trend, and the flat ends on the time of the previous trend, and a new trend starts on the signal of the flat breakout).

But it also happens the flat trend, which is different from the normal trend. And then there is the rebound trend. All types of trends have an end, but the flat after a trend differs in time. Only the flop after the end of a trend is equal to the time of a trend.

I know bullish, bearish, correction, bear market rally, ranging and flat. How it all ends and starts - we know - by indicators, and by levels of support/resistence.

How do you draw the levels? On which bars? I mean numbering the bars starting from 0 (0 is an open bar). I understand that visually, but the strategy is technical, i.e. there is an aglorytm.

JLY:
The description seems to be there. What is not clear there? Is there a new description to be written? That description was made in random mode, probably, to capture the essence...

There is no need for a new description. In my opinion, you should strive for simplicity in trading -- that is, try to break down the problem into smaller parts, rather than lumping together trend, flat, rebound and breakout. The three simple strategies are easier to understand. Of course, the strategy is obvious to you as to the author. Nevertheless, thanks for the good idea with timing of end of flat and trend. It looks good on the daily and weekly chart.

JLY:

Well, yes, three sheets of flats)

I can write a lucid way, i.e. the description of the methodology, which I've already done to make it compact. But it will be the same. Is there a sense in it? Then tell me what is not clear.

Well, it turns out that I have improved it. Where in the literature is it written what exactly counts as a breakdown/breakdown? Or to know when and where the trend will end and the flop will start, plus how long the flop will continue after the trend?

Ok, i will start a new demo account...

login20054043

passwordglcqmv5

Here is mine

Forum

Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5

newdigital, 2013.01.30 13:08

And this is updated statement (attached)

And branch of 48 pages on how to trade it all ...

You need to be specific so that people will repeat what you are doing (and not address you every time for nothing). In short, make it clear.

JLY:

A flat starts after the end of a trend, and the flat ends on the time of the past trend, and a new trend starts on a signal of a breakdown of the flat).

But there is also a flat trend, and it differs from the normal trend. And then there is the rebound trend. All types of trends have an end, but the flat after a trend differs in time. Only with a normal trend, the flat after trend is equal in time to the trend.

Thanks for the clarifying work. I am now completely confused.

The trend of the flat is cool! And the main thing is that it is not clear. The more the picture becomes clearer, the more insane it becomes.

The rebound trend is there, but where is the surf trend?

Reason: