A trend-following strategy. - page 5

vspexp:
"trending flat" ! - sophisticated .... If you do not know how to correctly read this article, you may want to check its content and use it as a base for creating an automated teller machine. This method is based on graphical constructions - paternas, i.e. it can be programmed and run in the tester, but the trend is such that it is better to trade it on history.... What are we looking for? entry points?

I have a piece of paper next to my computer, it contains the algorithm I laid out and the money management.

What is that?)

newdigital:
A correction is what forex calls a counter trend. For example, someone might say: "I'm trading against the trend". Well, this is what he uses.
Precisely a correction is the reason for manually constructing points of extremums of the flat.

JLY:

username20054043

passwordglcqmv5

on which server?

pako:
On which server?
AlpariFS-MT5

JLY:

I have a piece of paper next to my computer, it contains the algorithm I laid out and the money management.

What is this?)

This is when you go to the Jobs service here and write a technical request to the programmer to code/program this system into the Expert Advisor or to create an indicator. That is, the programmer has to understand and do it.

JLY:

Drawing with a trained eye)

So - no one will repeat it? Well ... then I don't know ... I'll retire from this thread then.

newdigital:
You mean - no one will repeat it? Well ... I don't know ... I'm off this thread then.
Keyword: training)

I am movingthe take profit on the previously opened position from 1.3242 to 1.3304. The target has not been reached. Stop loss on breakdown of 1.3192 from the difference 1.3242-1.3192, i.e., I am trading now on the general situation. Up to the level of 1.3304 there are extremums of the flat 1.3242 and 1.3284, i.e. I will not stop at them, as these levels are within one common flat.

I put a sell-limit order on the rebound from 1.3304 .

The key flat 1.3284-1.3242 is not broken through; its breakdown will be indicated by the breakdown of the flat 1.3242-1.3192. Therefore, these are good levels to buy with the target of 1.3304.

JLY:

I am movingthe take profit on the previously opened position from 1.3242 to 1.3304. The target has not been reached. Stop loss on breakdown of 1.3192 from the difference 1.3242-1.3192, i.e., I am trading now on the general situation. Up to the level of 1.3304 there are extremums of the flat 1.3242 and 1.3284, i.e. I will not stop at them, as these levels are within one common flat.

I put a sell-limit order on the rebound from 1.3304 .

I'm back.

Here are your levels - the indicator has drawn

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

EURUSD, H4, 2013.06.10

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

eurusd h4

EURUSD, H4, 2013.06.10, MetaQuotes Software Corp.

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

EURUSD, H4, 2013.06.10

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

eurusd h4 more

EURUSD, H4, 2013.06.10, MetaQuotes Software Corp.

JLY:
It is important to know that a flat after a normal trend lasts as long as a trend in order not to stay in a flat, but to exit by the end of the trend and then trade within the flat. It turns out that the time of trading in the flat is known, and the break in the flat is already the entrance to the trend and it means the end of trading within the flat. Well, inside the flat, 2 types of trading according to the algorithm: at the extremums (on the rebound) and on the extension of the flat trend line.
This intrigues me, can I repeat the algorithm how to know in advance if the trend or the flat ends?
Reason: