Suggestions, comments, errors on the Signals service - page 51

zfs:
It makes sense that they are already divided by lot size).

I'm confused by the comma after "Logically" )

ZS: points per lot? )

30 pp with 1 lot =30 pp\lot ))

No, that's not it.

i see it as adding up points for all trades and dividing by the number of trades

Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal
Документация по MQL5: Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal
  • www.mql5.com
Торговые функции / HistoryDealsTotal - Документация по MQL5

sanyooooook:

100%

shockingly - it was a thoughtless adherence to the rules (tradition?) of punctuation // "before what - always a comma"

for me personally, I always use commas according to their meaning. I discovered long ago that this rule-based arrangement leads to communication difficulties.

sanyooooook:

ZS: points per lot? )

How else? If we're saying how many points per transaction, we must also divide by lot. The price passed so-and-so points, I took them, and the lot is not important.) The cost of one pip is not regulated in the same way.)

Maybe you should look at a parameter such as how much $ per trade on average, rather than pips per trade.

paladin800:
Maybe we should look at a parameter such as how much $ per trade on average, rather than pips per trade.
The price is not changed in dollars, but the logic is correct, a pip is approximately equal to a dollar, thus normalising for all instruments.

zfs:
How else? If we're calculating the number of pips in a deal, we should also divide it by the lot. The price passed so-and-so pips, I took them and the lot is not important.) The point value itself is not regulated properly.)

You said it yourself: "how many pips per trade" )

i.e. the number of pips from one trade, in order to find an average of two trades, add up the pips and divide by 2.

sanyooooook:

You said it yourself: "how many pips per trade" )

i.e. the number of pips from one trade, in order to find the average of two trades, add up the pips and divide by 2.

Well, even if lot is not taken into account, if trades overlap in time, then it's not two trades, but one).

zfs:
Well, even if the lot is not taken into account, if the trades overlap in time, it's not two trades, but one).

arbitrage opens several trades at the same time )

at the same time, but they are different trades

zfs:
Even if lot is not taken into account, if the trades overlap in time, it is not two trades, but one).
The "***/per-trade" criteria are not quite clear for this very reason. "***/per-trade" seems clearer, but there is a problem in calculation and interpretation, given the possibility of volume changes during a trade (which is almost always the case for me).

sanyooooook:

arbitrage opens several trades at the same time )

at the same time, but they are different trades

Buy, sell are different.
Reason: