Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 211

Myrlokotam:

Good afternoon. I'm a brand new customer. Just signed up. I have read the materials and watched the video on signals. I have a question:

How to make the "Signals" tab appear in my installed MT4. I don´t have it :-(( Maybe I should have downloaded the platform from your website? I have it from Ifamdirect or it is not important and I did something wrong?

I actually have an account with Ifame.

Thank you.

I have to say the terminal from this site. If the "Signals" tab does not appear, ask the broker to enable the tab.
If your broker does not enable the "Signals" tab - run away from such a broker.

My MT4Signals signal opened two identical orders in the same second instead of the one that opened at the provider. Thus the volumes are twice as much. What do you make of this? Just in case my broker is Admiral Markets.

Myrlokotam:

Good afternoon. I'm a brand new customer. Just signed up. I have read the materials and watched the video on signals. I have a question:

How to make the "Signals" tab appear in my installed MT4. I don´t have it :-(( Maybe I should have downloaded the platform from your website? I have it from Ifamdirect or it is not important and I did something wrong?

Actually I have an account with Ifame.

Thanks.

I only have the "Signals" tab appear after entering my username and password in the "Community" tab there in the settings.

I haven't encountered custom indicators, but had to).

Can you please tell me how to do a proper request to get the MACD_Divergence indicator handle(https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/1806)?

I am trying to request it this way:

MACD_Divergence__Handle=iCustom(NULL,0,"MACD_Divergence",MACD_Divergence__fastEMA,MACD_Divergence__slowEMA,MACD_Divergence__signalMA);// сигнальный МАКД дивер
   if(MACD_Divergence__Handle==INVALID_HANDLE)
     {
      Print(" Не удалось получить хендл индикатора MACD_Divergence");
      return(INIT_FAILED);
     }

It generates error 4002.

I do not quite understand how to useiCustom function.

Crucian:

I haven't encountered custom indicators, but had to).

Can you please tell me how to do a proper request to get the MACD_Divergence indicator handle(https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/1806)?

I am trying to request it this way:

It generates error 4002.

I do not quite understand how to useiCustom function.

Look at the example: Please note, for any indicator you have to specify the price type, on which it will be calculated
Документация по MQL5: Технические индикаторы / iMACD
Документация по MQL5: Технические индикаторы / iMACD
  • www.mql5.com
Технические индикаторы / iMACD - Документация по MQL5

Hi all, question is it possible to open an order in the mt4 terminal with a signal connected, I think technically it is possible but will it interfere with the signal ? I.e. one account connected to the signal plus my manual trade to it. Good luck, brains and free time everyone

barabashkakvn:
Look at the example: Please note that for any indicator you should specify the type of price on which it will be calculated.

I set the price type, the error is the same. In the indicator the parameters are entered using an input string, maybe this is the problem? If parameters are not entered in the Expert Advisor:

MACD_Divergence__Handle=iCustom(NULL,0, "MACD_Divergence"),

It all works, but I want to control it from Expert Advisor.

Crucian:

I set the price type, the error is the same. In the indicator the parameters are entered using an input string, maybe this is the problem? If parameters are not entered in the Expert Advisor:

Everything works, but I want to manage them from the Expert Advisor.

Since it is a custom indicator, you should contact the author of the indicator.

Crucian:

then everything works, but I would like to control them from the EA.

By following the link to the indicator we can see that there are 8 input parameters. Two of them string (s1 and s2) don't pass values to the indicator, but you need to somehow cram them into your handler. Do it this way:

MACD_Divergence__Handle=iCustom(NULL,0,"MACD_Divergence",
                                "---",
                                MACD_Divergence__fastEMA,
                                MACD_Divergence__slowEMA,
                                MACD_Divergence__signalMA,
                                "---",
                                false,
                                false,
                                false);

freedumper:
Hi all, question is it possible to open an order in the mt4 terminal with a signal connected, I think technically it is possible but will it interfere with the signal ? I.e. one account connected to the signal plus my manual trade to it. Good luck, brains and free time
If an account is connected to the signal, you cannot trade on it by yourself (with hands or by experts). Also remember that if you unsubscribe from the signal, this account cannot be made a signal provider in the future.
Reason: