Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 216

Algo:
But the opposite order will not be cancelled if there is no link. That's the whole problem.
So don't put it up.... Graze the expert. You want to limit the risk - put a stop. If you want to limit the risk - place a stop and take the profit. Does it look better already?

micle:
So don't put it up.... graze the expert. You want to limit the risk - place a stop. If the conditions for take profit appear, you cancels the stop and takes the profit. Does it look better already?

This is the option I have chosen, but look: a position is opened, a stop loss is set and a self-limit limit is set. The connection is broken. If after that the price starts to fluctuate and it crosses both stop and take levels, we get a new position (opened by a Limiter) without a stop loss.

There are no guaranteed options here. Well, there is only one: just put a stop and a take on the trade. But they cannot be traced from the Expert Advisor, which is where this discussion began.

Algo:

This is the option I have chosen, but look: a position is opened, a stop loss is set and a self-limit limit is set. The connection is broken. If after that the price starts to fluctuate and it crosses both stop and take levels, we will get a new position (opened by a Limit Limit) without a stop loss.

There are no guaranteed options here. Well, there is only one: just set a stop and a take on the trade. But they cannot be traced from the Expert Advisor, which is where this discussion began.

I repeat. You put a stop with a limit. Do NOT set a Take. The price is monitored by the robot on ticks. In this case - at worst-case scenario (no connection, forgot to pay the UPU or something ...) you will close on stop. And everything will stop there.

Algo:

This is the option I have chosen, but look: a position is opened, a stop loss is set and a self-limit limit is set. The connection is broken. If after that the price starts to fluctuate and it crosses both stop and take levels, we get a new position (opened by the Limiter) without a stop loss.

There are no guaranteed options here. Well, there is only one: just put a stop and a take on the trade. But they cannot be traced from the Expert Advisor, which is where this discussion began.

In general, we have introduced BuyStopLimit and SellStopLimit orders to cover such orders. But the developers miscalculated cruelly when introducing them. As a result, we have two completely useless types of orders + impossibility to use stop loss and take profit pending orders simultaneously.

C-4:
Generally, BuyStopLimit and SellStopLimit orders were introduced to cover such orders. But the developers miscalculated cruelly when introducing them. As a result, we have two completely useless order types plus impossibility to use stop loss and take profit pending orders simultaneously.
By the way, yes. I fully share this point of view. Linked orders are not enough.

micle:
Stop with the limiter.
o_O How's that?

Algo:
o_O How?

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/constants/tradingconstants/orderproperties

ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP,

ORDER_TYPE_SELL_STOP

Something like this.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

micle:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/constants/tradingconstants/orderproperties

ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP,

ORDER_TYPE_SELL_STOP

Like this.

Are they limiters? )))

But now I see. In general, if we place a stop loss (or a separate stop order) and monitor the take level from the market, then the worst solution is not a simple stop loss but a stop loss when the price reaches the TP level. Instead of honestly earned profit we will receive a loss. So, not everything is clear here.

Alright, that's it, I'm out of here. Thank you all for your advices.

Is it possible to run several Signals at the same time? If, say, I have 4 accounts with 1000 euros each. Can I launch four signals at the same time? Do I need four different registrations on mql5.com for that?

avoblikov:
Is it possible to run several Signals at the same time? If, say, I have 4 accounts with 1000 euros each. Can I launch four signals at the same time? Do I need four different registrations on mql5.com for that?
Yes, you need 4 terminals for each 1 account and only 1 account on mql5.com.
Reason: