Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1349

User_mt5 #:

Perhaps I don't know everything. According to my understanding, there is no data for other instruments in any function.

In my case, getting prices for other symbols is organised like this:

This is the code that runs as part of the OnCalculate() execution.
If I had a way to run OnCalculate() on the arrival of a tick in an adjacent window, I would easily process data from all windows in time.
But since OnCalculate() is only called by its tick, my indicator knows nothing about events in neighboring windows. The price has already gone there and it is still sleeping and waiting for its own tick to wake it up...

Also.
If you leave OnCalculate() out, it probably makes sense to use OnBookEvent() in my case ?

Maybe this will help:https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/234

Реализация мультивалютного режима в MetaTrader 5
Реализация мультивалютного режима в MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Интерес к мультивалютному анализу и мультивалютной торговле существует давно. Но только с выпуском в свет терминала MetaTrader 5 и языка программирования MQL5 появилась возможность реализации полноценного мультивалютного режима. В данной статье предложен способ, позволяющий проводить анализ и обработку всех поступающих тиков по множеству финансовых инструментов. В качестве иллюстрации рассмотрен мультивалютный индикатор RSI для индекса доллара USDx.

Who knows how to edit the discussion column in the marketplace?

Do I need to remove videos and unnecessary advertising?

Alexey Viktorov #:
Let OnCalculate() handle its own symbol, and put everything else into custom function and call it from OnTimer()

OK. Thank you.

Nauris Zukas #:

Maybe this will help:https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/234

It is interesting, I will have a look. Thank you.

Please tell me which symbol should be used to represent fibo time values on a chart, e.g. price levels are represented by (%$)

Did I get it right that the only way for indicators to request information from outside is through ReadFile?

WebRequest is not allowed for indicators.

... Further to the previous question

Is there a capability of an exchange buffer between the Expert Advisor and the indicators open in the same chart?
I.e. the Expert Advisor puts something there, and the indicators read something from it.

Evgeny Dyuka #:

... Further to the previous question

Is there a capability of an exchange buffer between the Expert Advisor and the indicators open in the same chart?
I.e. the Expert Advisor puts something there, and the indicators read something from it.

For example, it is a graphic item. You know about ReadFile. You can also try using resources

Alexey Viktorov #:
A graphic element, for example. You know about ReadFile. You can also try to use resources
What do you mean "through resources"?

Another question about something else.

When creating a file in the editor, you can select that it will be a script and then check that it needs TensorFlow.
Am I right to understand that this checkmark has no real consequences except for the fact that the script will be added to the line about TensorFlow call?
I.e. we shouldn't hope that it's some container which already has everything. In any case, I have to install and configure this library from scratch according to the official manual and MT5 will not help. Or it helps?

Evgeny Dyuka #:
what do you mean by "through resources", how?
It goes something like this.
Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5 / Ресурсы
Документация по MQL5: Программы MQL5 / Ресурсы
  • www.mql5.com
Ресурсы - Программы MQL5 - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5
Reason: