Interesting and Humour - page 4444

Dmitry Fedoseev:

А... I thought we were talking about the details. Everyone knew it was there.

Most people found out much later.

No, I didn't know the details, like everyone else, but when it was officially announced I was already aware of it, but not from the 'friendly' media but from the 'enemy' media.

But here are the details about how propaganda works,

how "honest" any media is, I described in the story about the bus crash.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

It's like the kitchen in Soviet times. I can start talking about beating a journalist and accusing him of selling drugs before they put him in jail.

They may also start discussing how Hexogen can be turned into sugar. And it is quite possible; there are experts in the country who can do this wonderfully and easily. Perhaps in Ryazan you should not buy sugar in the shop because it could be magically transformed into RDX.

You can't reanimate a smokehouse, it's dangerous.

Remember the old children's film Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors?

I'm still shocked they let it on the screen back then.

there's no time to smoke! you have to work! a maltese passport doesn't buy itself!

Yuriy Zaytsev:

But of course, as usual they made it worse - they lied about the whole population, including Poland, etc.

Behind the big puddle, the thyroid statistics are worse for people from the USSR, and there are those who didn't live to see the end of their lives, and for liquidators to get on without OZK. Imho, there is no need to make things worse from the far side - a couple more of these "journalists" and it will blow up.

transcendreamer:

There is no time to smoke! You have to work! A Maltese passport does not buy itself!

Is there a long way to go before you buy a Maltese passport?

First you have to buy real estate, you can't live homeless on rented corners.

Unicornis:

Behind a big puddle, the medical statistics on thyroid are worse for people from the USSR, and there are those who have not lived to see the fizzle, and for liquidators to climb without OZK, it's a pissing match. Imho, there is no need to escalate things from the far away now - a couple more of these "journalists" and it will blow up.

31 people died in the first days, later, the world's expert medical establishment estimates up to 90,000 deaths. It is not clear how they calculate the number, someone died in childbirth because of doctor negligence, the same statistics are for 30 years and the population of a small town.

Artistic media whistle :) Read the example of the bus above to see how the press gets it wrong.

At that time, we were talking about the whole of Poland, Ukraine and Belarus.

Sergey Golubev:

talked!

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Yes, well, what a mess, 31 died in the first days, later, according to some expert medical institution, up to 90 thousand people died, and it is not clear how they calculated it, someone died in childbirth due to the negligence of doctors, the same statistics are for 30 years, this is the population of a small town.

Artistic media whistle :) Read the example of the bus above to see how the press gets it wrong.

At that time, we were talking about the whole of Poland, Ukraine and Belarus.

My mum lived at that time on the border of Kiev region, 150-200 kilometres from Chernobyl, she said that after the blowout, cucumbers lost all their flowers and there were no ovaries for a long time. They were lucky though - the wind blew in another direction. Also, people said that the Partigenos took their families from Kiev the next day, like for a holiday. And they did not told anybody about iodine pills, as if not to panic. But when Fokushima exploded, people were very progressive - my sister lived in Sakhalin at that time, in a couple of days she went to the pharmacy to buy some iodine pills - she was told that on the very first day they sold out even no iodine solution was left.

sibirqk:

My mum lived at that time on the border of Kiev region, 150-200 km away from Chernobyl, she told me that after the explosion the cucumbers lost all their flowers and there were no ovaries for a long time. They were lucky though - the wind blew in another direction. Also, people said that the Partigenos took their families from Kiev the next day, like for a holiday. And they did not told anybody about iodine pills, as if not to panic. But when Fokushima exploded, people were very progressive - my sister lived in Sakhalin at that time, in a couple of days she went to the pharmacy to buy some iodine pills - she was told that on the very first day they sold out even no iodine solution was left.

It's a different time now, there's no point in hiding it, people will find out anyway. There was a time when many people hated partisans, but back then they did not steal, there was no point either.

As for the consequences of Chernobyl - it is really difficult to assess them. They said that in our laboratory, for some time there was a jar with condensed milk - people from a business trip brought it, they went to survey the territory along the Chernobyl trail, so the condensed milk was giving off such background that you could use it instead of isotopes to calibrate meters. It is clear that if it is sitting on a shelf somewhere at a distance of several metres it's no big deal, but if someone was drinking tea with it whence it was delivered, or ate meat of a cow that gave milk it is an entirely different story. And who knew in those days if a man died of moonshine or if he took a dose.

Reason: