Interesting and Humour - page 4011

Vitaly Murlenko:

I opened the EA code. I got the impression that someone made it to order and it turned out to be a small code. The programmer has put a lot of unused variables to make more money, to show how complex the EA is. I delete unnecessary strings and smile :)

P.S.

In general, the code is written in a horrible way. This is an example of how not to code :)

After deleting all the crap, I'm left with 206 lines, each of which is no larger than the width of the screen. If you remove the header, there will be no more than 200.

Sergey Golubev:
For example, if you do not want to go to a real broker and you do not want to do anything wrong, then you should do it manually.

Best regards.

Andrew Petras:

Efremov (1970, Bull Hour,banned immediately after publication, failed to sell out, withdrawn from libraries) ......

The novel was conceived in the early 1960s as a short story "The Long Dawn", announced in "Tekhnika - Youth" in 1964. However, the publication did not take place and the novella developed into a novel. It was written in three years and first published in:

• "Tehnika - Molodezhi" magazine (1968, No. 10 - 1969, No. 7; with drawings by A. Pobedinsky);
  • The magazine "Molodaya Gvardiya"(1969, № 1-4);
  • The Youth of Georgia" newspaper (5.4.1969) (excerpt).

Then, a year later, the first book edition of the novel (with changes and additions) was published in the publishing house "Molodaya Gvardiya"(1970),[7] with a circulation of 200,000 copies.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

The novel was conceived in the early 1960s as a short story, The Long Dawn, announced inTekhnika-Younger in 1964. However, publication did not take place and the novella developed into a novel. It was written in three years and first published in:

• "Tehnika - Molodezhi" magazine (1968, No. 10 - 1969, No. 7; with drawings by A. Pobedinsky);
  • The magazine "Molodaya Gvardiya"(1969, № 1-4);
  • The Youth of Georgia" newspaper (5.4.1969) (excerpt).

Then, a year later, the first book edition of the novel (with changes and additions) was published by the publishing houseMolodaya Gvardiya(1970),[7] with a circulation of 200,000 copies.

But for some reason, it was not available in libraries, and it was impossible to buy it. I managed to read it only after perestroika.

And you should have read the next few lines of the source you cite:

After that a tacit ban was imposed on the work: it was withdrawn from libraries to special depositories, and in the1975collected works it was not even mentioned in the afterword.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

But for some reason there were no libraries, it was impossible to buy them. I only managed to read it after perestroika.

What terrible bad luck.

Andrew Petras:

What terrible bad luck.

Do you want to talk to me, or are you just babbling?

Andrew Petras:

"ShabanovYT.
All studies on overpopulation are paid for by people interested in as many slaves and cannon fodder as possible. The results are quite predictable and cannot be trusted.
Efremov (1970, "Bull Hour", banned immediately after publication, no time to sell out the copies, withdrawn from libraries): power will be taken over by criminal gangs, total surveillance, total brainwashing, adulteration of food, disease pandemics caused by crowding, appearance of new diseases, 2 nuclear wars...
Efremov is suspected of being...
Hardcoin
Didn't have time to finish it? Have you been captured or something?"

(с)

That's not true, I read it when I was young. In fact, in Soviet times there was a lot of censorship, a mosquito couldn't get through.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

But for some reason there were no libraries, it was impossible to buy them. I only managed to read it after perestroika.

And you should have read the next few lines of the source you quoted:

Well, in the days of communist happiness you couldn't buy any books at all except the collected works of Lenin, Marx and Leni Brezhnev )) I used to go to technical book house once a year and order books on electronics for a year ahead from a catalogue. A grand apiece.

There was plenty of vodka, though.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Do you want to talk to me, or are you just babbling?

I did.

Alexei, here, read it, too. You wouldn't believe me.

I couldn't find Tais of Athens. I borrowed it from my sister. That doesn't tell me anything, though. Circulation's small, the country's big.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
That's not true, I read it when I was young. In fact, in Soviet times there was a lot of censorship, a mosquito couldn't get through.

They didn't have samizdat in St. Petersburg? Really?