Interesting and Humour - page 3603

Alexey Volchanskiy:

What's the unloading for? An air cushion is understandable.

Who knows. To reduce the load on the wheels. Probably. If the wheels are there.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

What's the unloading for? An air cushion is understandable.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/ГАЗ-16
ГАЗ-16 — Википедия
ГАЗ-16 — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
ГАЗ-16 «Чайка», ГАЗ-16А, ГАЗ-16Б — экспериментальные советские автомобили повышенной проходимости с аэродинамической разгрузкой, разработанные в 1960 году рабочей группой конструкторско-экспериментального отдела Горьковского автомобильного завода (КЭО ГАЗ) под руководством ведущего конструктора А. А. Смолина, при участии группы сотрудников НАМИ...

There were wheels, only they retracted off-road and only the airbag worked.

Для движения аппарата в обычном режиме использовались шасси автомобильного типа, с независимой передней подвеской по типу «Волги» ГАЗ-21, рулевым управлением и гидравлической тормозной системой, и автомобильная трансмиссия, вместе обеспечивавшие на шоссе скорость до 170 км/ч (крейсерская скорость 65—70 км/ч). При преодолении участков бездорожья шасси убиралось гидравлическим приводом, и в дело вступала обеспечиваемая двумя нагнетающими воздух под днище вентиляторами диаметром по 1200 мм воздушная подушка 

ГАЗ-16 — Википедия
ГАЗ-16 — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
ГАЗ-16 «Чайка», ГАЗ-16А, ГАЗ-16Б — экспериментальные советские автомобили повышенной проходимости с аэродинамической разгрузкой, разработанные в 1960 году рабочей группой конструкторско-экспериментального отдела Горьковского автомобильного завода (КЭО ГАЗ) под руководством ведущего конструктора А. А. Смолина, при участии группы сотрудников НАМИ...

Dmitry Fedoseev:

There were wheels, only they retracted off-road and only the airbag worked.

And how many projects like this have been ruined, it's a pity)))

Server Muradasilov:
And how many such projects are ruined, it's a pity)))
Why ruined projects? Read about this TC more carefully - it has extremely low overall efficiency in terms of fuel burned and useful work obtained, that is why this project was abandoned.

Until an antigravity engine is created, such projects will remain beautiful ideas without practical application, while it is much more effective to use specialized vehicles, for sports, for urban roads, for off-road, for tundra, for air and for airless space. People who are not familiar with the design process don't understand how complex the process of creating a balance between energy input and useful work is, and often it's just impossible because the right technology isn't available at the time of design.

It is necessary to have antigravity engine, and only then it will be possible to create really universal vehicle, and simultaneously economical and aesthetically pleasant.

ZZY. Who worked at manufacture knows, what battles are developed between designers, technologists and industrial designers and economic department. They are fought because they have to strike a balance between beauty, functionality and economic efficiency. In the end, as a rule, economic and commercial viability always take precedence.

Windows 10 к концу 2017 г. перейдет на новый дизайн
Windows 10 к концу 2017 г. перейдет на новый дизайн
  • www.cnews.ru
Представители компании Microsoft в рамках прошедшей в Австралии конференции Microsoft Ignite подтвердили выход в 2017 г. крупного обновления для Windows 10 — Redstone 3. Оно, как ожидается, произойдет после появления в апреле 2017 г. другого значимого обновления — Creators Update, и тем самым Microsoft сдержит свое давнее обещание выпускать не...

Alexey Viktorov:

A video about fishing.

There's a moment where the Russians are holding a fish on a hook, shoving a beer can in its mouth first, then the fish. I'm from Sevastopol. The fish is called "dog" in common parlance. I am already over 40. For all my life I have not seen this fish longer than 20 cm. And this one's a metre-long monster! I'm just shocked. This fish has no scales - its body is covered in slime. God forbid it should attack a diver without a knife. It'll devour you in a jiffy, just a little bit at a time.

When you go fishing, the dog's right there, bites on any bait. It's edible in its own right. But people don't put it in the catch because it's slimy, so they let it go.

I wonder where exactly this monster was caught.

Reason: