Interesting and Humour - page 3192

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Whose city is it then? It's in Russia, but it doesn't belong to Russia - or what?

Its antiquity does not belong to Russia

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Are you denying the rules of logic?

You say that from a) "the ancient city of Königsberg" and b) "Königsberg is a Russian city" it does not follow that "the ancient city of Königsberg is a Russian city"

Then whose city is it? It's in Russia, but it doesn't belong to Russia -- or what?

That's not logic, it's sophistry. I hope you are familiar with the term.

And here is a classic example of sophistry: All men are mortal. Fish are not human. Conclusion: fish are immortal.

Aleksey Levashov:
It's not logic, it's sophistry. I hope you are familiar with the term.

And here's a classic example of sophistry: All men are mortal. Fish are not human. Conclusion: fish are immortal.

isn't that funny to you?

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Its antiquity does not belong to Russia
Exactly. That's what I'm trying to convince some people who don't fully understand: antiquity and belonging are not the same thing.

When did Königsberg come to Russia? 1946, I think. How ancient is it, then?

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Don't you think it's funny?

No, Andrew, I'm not amused. I am rather sad because you do not even try to understand simple and obvious things:

Koenigsberg is an ancient Prussian city which became Soviet in 45 (legally) and Russian in 91 (also legally).

But it did not become ancient Russian.

And once again I will repeat my question (although I asked it not to you, but to Alexander Saprykin):

If tomorrow, for instance, Uzbekistan becomes part of Russia, are you also ready to call Samarkand an ancient Russian town?

By your logic -- if someone at 80 became a citizen of Russia -- lived to be 100 -- then he is not considered a long-lived Russian citizen?

This photo was discussed on Facebook by residents of Kaliningrad ... Of course, the general impression is that it shouldn't have been written like that. Because many people still remember under the USSR, when schools taught that Königsberg was originally a Russian city. But at that time there were two books (you could buy them), historical ones, which said that it was not a Russian city... And here we just noticed the analogy with the USSR, when they told untruths to children in school ... And this is against the background of the fact that now they are restoring the image of the former pre-war Königsberg.

Though on city any country and doesn't lay claim, but in Lithuania consider it as the native Lithuanian city Karalyavichus (with it, in my opinion, anybody also doesn't dispute), in Poland - native Polish Krulevets (here too dispute not heard), and native German Konigsberg (too it is clear). I remember being in Lithuania before their independence (in Kaunas), wanted to call home from the bus station, but couldn't find Kaliningrad city. And there is Karaliavičius. Good thing I knew it was the same city :)

Restoration and reconstruction has been going on for a long time and is in full swing to make it look like pre-war Königsberg (Karaliavičius, Krūlewitz).

If they had written "Ancient City in Russia" it would have removed all insinuations. I'm not a linguist, but I guess if the word Russia is RF, then an ancient city of Russia might be right too. But it could probably be interpreted in different ways.

The coin depicts the Royal Castle (already restored) - photo before and after - here, there now is an organ, next to which is Kant's tomb. This is the site of the tours.

Kenigsberg - Калининград
  • kenig.amazonit.ru
Остров (Гроссер Домплац, 58). Точно установить дату строительства нельзя. В 1320 г. упоминается о намерении строительства. Вероятно, епископ Кларе начал производство работ в 1332-1333 гг. С 1972 по 1990 гг. - работы по консервации, с 1990 г. - начало восстановления. Объект культурного наследия федерального значения. Могила Канта - у собора...

Aleksey Levashov:

And once again I'll repeat my question (though I asked it not to you, but to Alexander Saprykin):

And if tomorrow, for example, Uzbekistan becomes part of Russia, are you also ready to call Samarkand an ancient Russian city?

It all depends on the context. One can call it "ancient Uzbek city" or "ancient Russian city" -- here the words "Uzbek" and "Russian" can play the role of both current state affiliation and affiliation by right of foundation.

Similarly with Königsberg -- it may be called both "ancient Prussian city" and "ancient Russian city" -- it depends on the context of application.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
By your logic -- if someone became a citizen of Russia at the age of 80 -- lived to be 100 -- then he is not considered a long-lived citizen of Russia?
Now I find it funny when you make such ridiculous, illogical and completely irrelevant "counter-arguments".

After all, if tomorrow you are invited to work, for example, in an English company, say, in Birmingham, you will become an employee of an English company, but you will not stop being Russian.