Interesting and Humour - page 3197

Aleksey Levashov:
Well, let's leave the "profound musings" of the late General Petrov K.P. to those who are ready to listen to these musings.

I did my doctorate in cybersecurity without sitting under an apple tree. Newton's a genius. I'm sorry, I'm just a techie.
Then I'm sure you know how the hunchback could fix his hump.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
then I have no doubt that you know how the hunchback was able to fix his hump.
No, I don't. It's a long way from my professional life.

However, I remember someone saying that "the hump cannot be mended by the grave".

Aleksey Levashov:
Well, let's leave the "profound musings" of the late General Petrov K.P. to those who are ready to listen to these musings.

I did my doctorate in cybersecurity without sitting under an apple tree. Newton's a genius. I'm sorry, I'm just a techie.
Okay, I get it -- the key word is "doctorate" -- it's a Western education -- that's the reason.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
OK, I get it -- the key word is "doctorate" -- it's a Western education -- that's the reason.
You got it wrong. It is just that in recent years in the Russian academic (hightech) environment, English terms have been used more often, in particular, doctorate instead of PhD.

The zeitgeist. You are probably not surprised by many English words that have become quite commonplace in Russian. Now even some grandmothers say "imho, securiti, franchise...".

And as for Western education, you should ask the Russian elite - ministers, big state officials and State Duma deputies. Many of them have children studying in the West.

However, there is no criminality here. This is also the currents of the times... But not for mere mortals, but for the chosen few.

Aleksey Levashov:
You got it wrong. It is just that in recent years, in Russian academic (hightech) circles, English terms have been used more often, in particular, doctorate instead of candidate's degree.

The zeitgeist. You are probably not surprised by many English words that have become quite commonplace in Russian. Even some grandmothers now say "imho, securiti, franchise...".

Basically, a "moment of truth".

Only it's not "the winds of time" -- it's a world, a little soul, a little person, etc. -- having only one relationship to "time" -- from the words "temporal", "temporalists", etc.

But, that's my opinion, I'm not imposing it.

Aleksey Levashov:
A city in Russia (since 1991, from 1945 to 1991 in the USSR), ancient (since 1255). But it has never been an ancient Russian city.
You are so eagerly trying to reason with a few "incomprehensible" people...
Have you tried to read carefully? Didn't you notice that the original reference was not toan ancient Russian city? On a commemorative coin it says: "Ancient cities of Russia".
And now include logic and common sense - is there something unrelated to Kaliningrad in the definition "Ancient Cities of Russia"?
- is the city ancient? - Yes, it is ancient (it had another name, was founded by Prussians, belonged to Germans, etc... - these secondary points do not give grounds to argue that the city is not ancient);
- whose city is it at the moment, which state does it belong to? Russia's city.
Now put it all together and you get: "Kaliningrad is an ancient city of Russia", and for those wishing to develop their erudition a footnote to Wikipedia, like "was founded in..., captured in..., renamed in...".

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Basically, a "moment of truth".

Only it's not "the winds of time" -- it's a world, a little soul, a little person, etc. -- having only one relationship to "time" -- from the words "temporal", "temporalists", etc.

But that's my opinion, I'm not imposing it.

Andrey, concerning the "moment of truth" and "temporaries". May I ask you: have you served in the Russian army? Only honestly.

You may, of course, not answer, if you do not consider it necessary.

Vladimir Suschenko:
You have taken it upon yourself to lecture a few "misunderstanders" with such gusto...
Have you not tried to read carefully? Didn't you notice that the original reference was not toan ancient Russian city? On a commemorative coin it says: "Ancient cities of Russia".
And now include logic and common sense - is there something unrelated to Kaliningrad in the definition "Ancient Cities of Russia"?
- is the city ancient? - Yes, it is ancient (it had another name, was founded by Prussians, belonged to Germans, etc... - these secondary points do not give grounds to argue that the city is not ancient);
Now put it all together and you get: "Kaliningrad is an ancient city of Russia", and for those wishing to develop their erudition a footnote to Wikipedia, like "was founded in..., captured in..., renamed in...".
Well, forgive me if I'm unintelligent. Well, I can not have a city with such a name of All-Russian chief but with such a short stay in Russia to call it an ancient city of Russia.

And let's consider that it's just my thing. After all, we all have our own cockroaches in our heads...

Aleksey Levashov:
Well, forgive me for being unreasonable. Well, I can't call a town with the name of an All-Russian headman and with such a short stay in Russia an ancient Russian town.

And let's consider that it's just my thing. After all, we all have our own cockroaches in our heads...

And your cockroaches in your head you have been trying to impose on others for several pages. Let them be your own.))

Vladimir Suschenko:
You've taken it upon yourself to admonish a few "misunderstanders"...
Have you tried to read carefully? Have you noticed that originally it was not aboutan ancient Russian city? On a commemorative coin it says:"Ancient cities of Russia".

Vladimir, there are some people who find it very difficult to understand what you have said. :-)

Of course, this city did not appear in Russian history long ago. But it really is very old.
No matter what state it belongs to, it doesn't make it any less ancient,
it's now part of Russia, so why not issue a coin.
It is also useful to know history, you could start by reading Karamzin.

http://www.runivers.ru/lib/book3074/

История государства Российского: Карамзин Николай Михайлович — Алфавитный каталог — Электронная библиотека Руниверс
История государства Российского: Карамзин Николай Михайлович — Алфавитный каталог — Электронная библиотека Руниверс
  • www.runivers.ru
Интерес к истории возник у Карамзина с середины 1790-х годов. Он написал повесть на историческую тему — «Марфа-посадница, или Покорение Новгорода» (опубликовано в 1803 году). В этом же году указом Александра I он был назначен на должность историографа, и до конца своей жизни занимался написанием «Истории государства Российского», практически...
Reason: