Interesting and Humour - page 2628

Anatoli Kazharski:

Here's more about it:T-14 Armata or T-99 Priority tank

Sort of like that, nothing remarkable.

Alexey Busygin:
It's not much to look at.

Nothing remarkable? )) What should be remarkable?

Like after hitting a tank the armoured capsule with the crew should eject, transform in the air into a spacecraft and fly to the Moon to continue the fight from there? )))

Don't worry, they will do it soon. ;)

Vitalii Ananev:

1. In addition to the ammunition there is also a gun and an automatic gun loading device and you think this is all left unprotected?

2. If the tank is hit, there are hatches in the lower part of the hull to evacuate the crew.

3. Google the principle of shaped charge. The protection against them was invented back in the Second World War. Here's a quote from wikipedia "... thin sheets of iron and tin to protect against German carried anti-tank weapons with cumulative ammunition like Faustpatron, Panzerfaust, etc..." for example. The shield must not necessarily be made in the form of a lattice, the active shield is designed to protect against armour-piercing shells.

Hitting an obstacle triggers a shaped charge which is supposed to burn through the armour, and as it hits the shield, which is located at some distance from the armour, its effectiveness is greatly reduced.

1. abandoned. This is not a tank - a prototype.

2. No hatches under the hull in the armature.

3. tin at a distance of a few cm. (and even 10 cm.) will not save from the cumulative jet. No one in the world has used Faustpatrons and Panzerfausts for a long time. The shield must be placed at a considerable distance from the armour. ACTIVE TANK PROTECTION IS INTENDED PRIMARILY AGAINST CUMULATIVE PROJECTILES. An armour-piercing shell is a metal pellet, it has no active protection.

Vitalii Ananev:
If a depleted uranium pellet flies at a tank, active shielding is only needed to suppress the powerful fecal ejection of the tank's crew before being killed.

Дмитрий:

"It is also known that the unified interspecification heavyweight platform has two layouts: a front- or rear-mounted engine-transmission compartmentchassis.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

"It is also known that the unified interspecification heavyweight platform has two layouts: a front- or rear-mounted engine-transmission compartmentchassis.

So far it has nothing. The ones driving around Moscow now - the engine-transmission compartment is at the rear. if it is at the front like the Merkava, it will certainly improve the crew's survivability in combat.

Дмитрий:

1. abandoned. It's not a tank - it's a prototype.

2. No hatch under the hull in the armature.

3. tin at a distance of a few cm. (and even 10 cm.) will not save from the cumulative jet. No one in the world has used Faustpatrons and Panzerfausts for a long time. The shield must be placed at a considerable distance from the armour. ACTIVE TANK PROTECTION IS INTENDED PRIMARILY AGAINST CUMULATIVE PROJECTILES. The armour-piercing projectile is a metal pellet and has no active protection.

1. 1. The tank has probably been left in the turret which I doubt, but even if so, judging by the above link, there is no ammo in the turret and it is located in the hull under the turret.

2. Maybe not, so if the tank is hit the crew is written off.

3. I am not an expert on tanks, so I will refer to publicly available data from the Internet.

"Active protection is a special projectile firing system located on the tank, combined with a radar system of local operation. When a munition (anti-tank grenade launcher, etc.) is detected approaching the tank, a command is given to fire a charge that explodes on approach to form a cloud of shrapnel that destroys, or at least strongly weakens, the munition's effect. There are systems with non-firing protective charges." So it protects against any type of ammunition, including rockets. I confused active protection with dynamic protection.

Tin is not designed to save from a shaped jet, its task is to make the shaped charge go off not on the armor, but at some distance from it, fustpatron was given as an example.

Дмитрий:
If a depleted uranium pellet flies at a tank, active shielding is only needed to suppress the powerful fecal release of the tank's crew before death.
Do you dislike Russian tanks so much?

Is this a tanker rally? The sailor doesn't even have anything to say. What's his displacement?

Alexandr Murzin:
Is this a tank rally? Sailor's got nothing to say. What's its displacement?

I was not in the Strategic Rocket Forces, it hurts my country when they say that their tanks are made of tin, so I decided to stand up for them :)

And what about displacement, like how much water can it hold? It's not floating judging by the publicly available description.

Reason: