Interesting and Humour - page 4738

Alexandr Andreev:

is not incorrect because randomness at 0 is 25%. In general since there is 0% the probability of no correct answer is the correct answer. This again leads to a number of 25%.

Even in theory, the answer cannot be 25% because there are 3 answers, not 4.

If we ignore the content of the answers and only look at the number of options, the probability of the answer being correct is NOT calculated at all, because there is no guarantee that there is a correct answer in the options.

Реter Konow:
Even in theory, the answer cannot be 25% because there are 3 answers, not 4.

reading the question it can be answered and the answer will be 25% based only on the number of answer options. there are 4 of them.....

...... let's say we make all the numbers closed.

Besides, we are talking about options, i.e. the options are still 4, only the number of answers has decreased.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Unfortunately, you missed one section in the middle. If you look carefully, you'll notice it.

If anyone draws it correctly, a ten-figure reward from me.

I think it's easier to skip straight to the mate explanation of why it can't be done.

Реter Konow:
Even in theory, the answer cannot be 25%, because there are 3 answers, not 4.

If you ignore the content of the answers and look only at the number of options, the probability of answering correctly is NOT calculated at all, because there is no guarantee that there is a correct answer in the options.

If there is no correct answer in the answers, there is no point in solving the problem.

There is a correct answer according to the rules of the game. Based on that there is a solution.

Alexandr Andreev:

I think it's easier to go straight to the matte explanation of why it can't be done.

That's the answer I was waiting for. You were the first to guess.

But maybe you can mathematically justify it? From your point of view.

Alexandr Andreev:

reading the question it can be answered and the answer will be 25% based only on the number of answer options. there are 4 of them.....

...... let's say we make all the numbers closed.

If all choices are closed and there is a guarantee that ONE is correct, then the probability is 25%.

In our case, the options are open, there are 2 identical options, and there is NO guarantee that any of them are correct.

Decide on the basis of these conditions.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Unfortunately, you missed one section in the middle. If you look carefully, you'll notice it.

If anyone draws it correctly, a bonus of 10 zabugmarks from me.

This problem is as old as I am familiar with computers, while I am familiar with IBM 286 and a little bit with the synclair. Search thoroughly the lack of solution of this problem. Hence you may safely multiply the proposed reward by 1 with more zeros.

Alexey Viktorov:

This problem is as old as I am familiar with computers, and I am familiar with the IBM 286 and a little bit of the synclair. Look more carefully for an explanation of the lack of a solution to this problem. Hence you may safely multiply the offered reward by 1 with more zeros.

I became acquainted with this problem in 1973. But it existed long before that. You don't need a computer to solve it.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I was introduced to this problem in 1973. But it existed long before that. You don't need a computer to solve it.

I did not say that the solution had to be on a computer. I just found out about this problem when I had some of the hardware in my computer replaced.

And the date is still down by about 20 years..............................

I must say that after much deliberation I have come to the conclusion: the probability is not calculated.

Let me explain: the question "what is the probability of guessing the answer to this question?" generates a recursion from which there is no right way out. The rest of the information is only confusing. 3 answers or 4 - it doesn't matter whether they are open or closed - either.

It is an attempt to solve a defective problem, the conditions of which are understated. As a level with more unknowns than known, it is unsolvable.

Answers and variants are different things, and probability can be calculated with respect to both, and with respect to the latter, depending on conditions which are undefined in the problem. The game breaks its own rules and "cheats" with us, creating copies of answers in variants, and giving no guarantee for correctness of any. So, the probability of getting an answer right is 0%. But, from the side of "game" you can not wait for this answer))))
Reason: