Errors, bugs, questions - page 2685

I didn't find any information on this

strategy tester in optimization mode "Slow (complete enumeration of parameters" - at what total value of optimization steps switches to genetic optimization?

ZS: I would be grateful if there is a methodology to do a complete search so that the genetic optimization is not activated

From time to time the MT4 terminal closes spontaneously, there is nothing about it in the terminal's log and nothing in the events of the winnings. How can the cause of such crashes be determined?

Igor Makanu:
ZS: I'd be grateful if there's a methodology to do a complete overkill so genetic optimization doesn't kick in

Batch Optimisation.

The ME debugger defect (build 2370) - StepInto (F11) and the set breakpoints do not work.
The problem is that if the StepOver (F10) action is applied to a function call at least once, there is no way to debug this function later.

void Increment(int &n){
   ++n;
};

void test(){
   int n = 0;
   for(int i = 0; i < 100; ++i){
      DebugBreak();
      Increment(n);
   }  
}

void OnStart(){
   test();
}

Steps for playback:
1) Run the code in debug mode;
2) After a breakpoint is triggered, execute StepOver (F10) twice;

That's it - now there is no way to "get" intoIncrement function, all manually set breakpoints do not work, and instead of operation StepInto (F11) is actually performed StepOver (F10).

A defect in ME debugger(build 2370) - after abreakpointis triggeredinstead of continuing code execution by pressing (F5), the samebreakpointis actually triggered againwithout executing any code.

#include <Generic\ArrayList.mqh>

void OnStart(){
   CArrayList<int> arr;
   for(int i = 0; i < 5; ++i){
      arr.Add(i);
      arr.Add(2*i);
   }
}

Replay steps:
1) Manually set
the breakpoint for both lines " arr.Add()";
2) Start debugging (F5);
3) Use PCM to open the <Generic\ArrayList.mqh> nested file in a new tab.
4) Find the line "if(m_size==ArraySize(m_items))" in the function "bool CArrayList::Add(T item)" and setthe breakpoint manually.
5) While in the "
ArrayList.mqh"tab, continue executing the code (F5).

This will
trigger the samebreakpoint as before without any actual code execution.

MT5 bug (build 2370) - triggering breakpoint in static structure method causes MT terminal to hang.
As a result, it is not possible to debug the codeof the static structure method at all:

struct A{
   static void test(){
      DebugBreak();
   }
};

void OnStart(){
   A::test();
}

Igor Makanu:
I didn't find any information on this

Strategy Tester in the "Slow (complete brute force optimization)" mode - at what total value of optimization steps does it switch to genetic optimization?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Question to developers - Using all computational cores during optimization

Andrey Dik, 2020.03.26 23:31

You can set up to 100 mio steps so the optimizer will not switch to genetics.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

I found this correspondence, and I think I read it when it happened - the result is a member ban, that's why I wanted to find the original source

I tested in full search mode by one parameter - the passes are numbered out of sequence, in general full search - works according to some logic of the developers, not the semantic concept

Igor Makanu:

tested in full search mode by one parameter - passes are numbered out of sequence, in general full search - works according to some logic of developers, not the semantic concept

So, tasks are handed out in packs to agents.

1-100 to the first, 101-200 to the second, etc.

And in results appear as they come in (1, 101, 2, 102, etc.).

Easy to sort.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

So tasks are handed out in packs to agents.

1-100 to the first, 101-200 to the second, etc.

And in the results appear as they come in (1, 101, 2, 102, etc.).

Easy to sort.

OK, that's a good answer, that's about right, pity the original source was never found,

it remains to find out at what total number of passes will be included GA, so far it seems like 100 000 000 passes, for my tasks is enough

Reason: