Backtest offline?

Hello,

I try to use the backtester offline without internet connection but it does not seem to be possible! I want to use the backtester offline when I'm on holiday or somewhere I do not have internet access!

It is not possible to use the backtester without internet connection? In metatrader4 that was no problem! is there an solution?

thx

Any idea to make that?

best regards

4lpha:

Any idea to make that?

best regards

Yes it's possible but you have to download your data before.

angevoyageur:
Yes it's possible but you have to download your data before.
how does it work? I dont know a menu item for that in mt5

Is there a solution?

4lpha:
Is there a solution?

A solution to what ? Downloading data ?

angevoyageur:

A solution to what ? Downloading data ?

a solution to use the strategietester in mt5 on a computer without internet

4lpha:
a solution to use the strategietester in mt5 on a computer without internet

First you need internet to download all data. Then you can run tester without internet. No data no test.

If you have already data on a terminal you can copy for example on a usb and bring on the terminal without internet.

jes i did download the data by testing with internet (the only way in mt5), than i copy the terminal with the data (hcc.-files) to the computer without internet but when i start the test, there is an error "tester agent authorization error". it only works on the pc with internet

4lpha:
jes i did download the data by testing with internet (the only way in mt5), than i copy the terminal with the data (hcc.-files) to the computer without internet but when i start the test, there is an error "tester agent authorization error". it only works on the pc with internet
those file are the correct ones. did you copy them also with each symbol folder?

Maybe ?
Files:
off2.PNG  42 kb
Reason: