Errors, bugs, questions - page 2343

This is an odd situation with KB.
- Let's say I published code in KB in Russian.

- I can only edit it, update it, put a new version in the Russian language version

- when the translation of this code in other languages appears, then editing does not exist for me in those languages.

It turns out that if I regularly update and improve the code in Russian, for other languages these updates do not happen automatically and they are not available.

I just now saw that the English version of one of my code in KB is very outdated, and I don't have access to update it.

Why not at least update the code automatically in other languages? It's clear that the condition for doing such a thing should be to require comments in English only.

Nikolai Semko:

It's an odd situation with the QB.

aren't the files the same for all languages?

TheXpert:
aren't the files the same for all languages?

It turns out they are not:

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/22164 iCanvas.mqh version - 1.09

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/22164 iCanvas.mqh version -1.12

Nikolai Semko:

It's a strange situation with the KB.
- Let's say I published code in KB in Russian.

- I can only edit it, update it, put a new version in the Russian language version

- When a translation of this code appears in other languages, editing does not exist for me in those languages.

It turns out that if I regularly update and improve the code in Russian, for other languages these updates do not happen automatically and they are not available.

I just now saw that the English version of one of my code in KB is very outdated, and I don't have access to update it.

Why not at least update the code automatically in other languages? Clearly, the condition for doing such a thing should be to require comments in English only.

In comments write a link to actual ru-version. If someone will really need your code, he will go through it and get the latest version.

I have formed an opinion that no one needs translated KB stuff. If there's any life left to breathe, it's only on the original page.

fxsaber:

In the comments, write a link to the actual ru-version. If someone really needs your code, he will follow it and get the latest version.

I have formed an opinion that the translated KB stuff is of no use to anyone. If there is any life, it is only on the original page.

I've done that so far.
I already had a case where I was approached about a bug in the code, when it was long gone in the Russian version. That's not good...

Nikolai Semko:

I've done that so far.
I've already had a case where I was approached about a bug in the code, when it wasn't there in the Russian version for a long time. That's not order...

This is a strong exception to the rule. There are only a handful of people who really need something at the Buy More.

fxsaber:

This is a strong exception to the rule. There are very few people who really need something at a QB.

I'm not so categorical, but in general yes.

Good evening. Can you advise if you have a problem with this. On a "netting" demo account, error 10038 pops up when a position is reversed."Closed volume exceeds current position volume".

The tester does not show the error.

fxsaber:

It's frustrating when the Expert Advisor has stopped without being informed about it.

The developers would like to introduce some exceptions handling into MQL. I also would like to introduce the standard assert, otherwise they have to make all sorts of artificial errors like division by zero, etc.

And one more wish - in MT5 an EA will not be deleted from a chart when an error occurs but will simply stop. In MT4 it is done exactly as described above and it is very convenient - we just need to correct the code in the editor and recompile - and everything works instantly. But in MT5 we have to reset the EA to chart, set its parameters. And if there are several running such EAs, it is a real hassle.

By the way, in order to promptly learn about critical errors, we can make a program which would give signals when an error appears in the journal. I have been coming up with such an idea for a long time, but I have not got enough time.

Alexey Navoykov:

Yes, there is such a thing. I wish the developers introduce exception handling in MQL. I want them to introduce the standard assertion at the same time, otherwise they have to generate all sorts of artificial errors such as division by zero, etc.

I want also to request that the Expert Advisor will not be removed from the chart in MT5 when an error occurs, but will simply stop. In MT4 it is exactly done that way and it is very convenient - you just have to correct the code in the editor and recompile it - and everything will work instantly. If there are several Expert Advisors running, it is very annoying.

By the way, in order to promptly learn about critical errors, we can make a program which would give signals when an error appears in the journal. I have been coming up with such an idea for a long time, but I have not received it yet.

Completely agree!
It should be exactly the way it should be if you know how to do it properly. It's annoying to have to put the program on the graph several times after compilation.

Reason: