Errors, bugs, questions - page 1900

Renat Fatkhullin:

Pleasewrite to servicedesk.

I personally don't have the capacity to answer all questions, unfortunately. If I don't immediately see a fully and thoroughly worded question, I can only advise you to open up the subject.

I will, but my question is simple - does the EA work (in terms of making calculations) when it is attached to the chart, but the checkbox allowing trading is unchecked?

-Aleks-:

I will write, but my question is simple - does the Expert Advisor work (in terms of making calculations) when it is charted, but the checkbox allowing trading is unchecked?

Yes. The auto-trading button only prohibits trading.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:
Yes. The auto-trade button only prohibits trading.

It's all clear now, thank you. But, why is it done this way, for what purpose?

-Aleks-:

It is clear now, thank you. But, why is it done that way, for what purpose?

An advisor does not have to trade. It can do a lot of other things.

Your EA in particular can be stopped by its button or a global variable. It is yours.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

An advisor does not have to trade. It can do a lot of other things.

Your EA in particular can be stopped by its button or a global variable. It is yours.

Are you suggesting that someone is using an EA without trading? It's just that there are indicators and panels that do not trade for other purposes...

-Aleks-:

Are you suggesting that someone is using a trading EA without trading? There are simply indicators and panels that do not trade for other purposes...

An EA can monitor constantly changing market conditions while its trading is off and adjust its parameters to the changing trading environment - as an example.

Debugging in the tester (1598) does not work
void OnTick()
{
  DebugBreak();
}

Artyom Trishkin:
An EA can monitor constantly changing market conditions while its trade is off and adjust its parameters to the changing trading environment - as an example.

I.e. actually perform a constant initialisation, which can be done when the EA is running... in general, there is and is such a feature, I just didn't know about this fact and broke my head looking for a solution.

-Aleks-:

I.e. to actually do constant initialisation, which can be done when the EA starts... in general, there is and is such a feature, I just didn't know about this fact and broke my head looking for a solution.
Initialisation is the preparation for the first run. And tracking changes in the market and adjusting parameters is from another thread.

-Aleks-:

Are you suggesting that someone is using a trading advisor without trading?

Yes, for the most part I use EAs without trading.
Reason: