Help with 5 digit pricing - page 5

df0132:
Hi Christina

Thank you for your help!!

I see what you mean ...and need to take piplimit to zero to make it work...I have no idea what is going on there!

Yes I agree, the comments are not really of any value...and probably should be left out.

I originally tried to modify the code to make the order to Buy/Sell happen after the bar that broke the trendline had closed. Eg. to open sell order if price moved lower than the low of the bar that broke through the trendline.

Could you be able to do that code?...I am unable to write that code.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Daryl

\

Sure, would glad to help. I'm currently write something to a client that has similar idea. Although to totally clean up the code I have to re write everything, I could add what you want.

Just to confirm. What you want is this:

If a bar closes above the line (but still within the limit you want) you want to buy at price that is the high of that bar. (although should still be within the limit you want). So if you do this, you need to be aware that if the high of that bar is not within the limit, this opportunity is lost.

Will post here within a couple days.

christinaLi:
\

Sure, would glad to help. I'm currently write something to a client that has similar idea. Although to totally clean up the code I have to re write everything, I could add what you want.

Just to confirm. What you want is this:

If a bar closes above the line (but still within the limit you want) you want to buy at price that is the high of that bar. (although should still be within the limit you want). So if you do this, you need to be aware that if the high of that bar is not within the limit, this opportunity is lost.

Will post here within a couple days.

Hi Christina

I would love it if you could do that for me!..it would be here for everyone to share.!

Yes to try and explain what the idea is...

Draw in a trendline where current support is...which are named Upperline (to go long) or Lowerline (to go short)

When price breaks through either trendline...Place a sell order one or two pips below the low of the bar that broke through the trendline after that bar has closed.

I have attached an example to place a sell just below the low of the bar that broke through the lower line.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!!!

Files:
ea_example.jpg  18 kb

df0132:
Hi Christina

I would love it if you could do that for me!..it would be here for everyone to share.!

Yes to try and explain what the idea is...

Draw in a trendline where current support is...which are named Upperline (to go long) or Lowerline (to go short)

When price breaks through either trendline...Place a sell order one or two pips below the low of the bar that broke through the trendline after that bar has closed.

I have attached an example to place a sell just below the low of the bar that broke through the lower line.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!!!

...and this is what happened!!

Files:

Hi, Daryl,

I have attached a new EA. We have not talked about all the specs in detail, so I used the logic based on what I know from your post.

It takes too long to write the instructions. I've made this video.

Christina

2011-07-12_0927 - Wise-EA's library

Files:

christinaLi:
Hi, Daryl,

I have attached a new EA. We have not talked about all the specs in detail, so I used the logic based on what I know from your post.

Christina

Hi Christina

Wow!...that is amazing!! I feel a bit guilty that you are putting so much effort into this EA for me. I will try it out according to your video instructions today! Thank you so much!!

I sat and looked at the code for hours just to try to get the comments to stop rewriting...and you have done it in one line! Haha, obviously you are a expert in this field.

I feel I owe you something for your efforts..??

Please let me know.

Humble regards

Daryl

df0132:
Hi Christina

Wow!...that is amazing!! I feel a bit guilty that you are putting so much effort into this EA for me. I will try it out according to your video instructions today! Thank you so much!!

I sat and looked at the code for hours just to try to get the comments to stop rewriting...and you have done it in one line! Haha, obviously you are a expert in this field.

I feel I owe you something for your efforts..??

Please let me know.

Humble regards

Daryl

You are welcome. I didn't put a lot of time into this, otherwise I would have wrote the whole thing from scratch into some other format So for now you can't hold me responsible for the code not looking very pretty.

I was interested in this as I got an idea here then I made it one step further to have an EA automatically draw a channel when price is in range. So trend following EA won't be caught in a trading range. So thank you for that.

Actually I just noticed in the open function, there are a few places I messed up with Bid and Ask. It's not a big problem, but if you know what I'm talking about please change it.

But all buys, we use Ask, for all sells, we use Bid.

christinaLi:
You are welcome. I didn't put a lot of time into this, otherwise I would have wrote the whole thing from scratch into some other format So for now you can't hold me responsible for the code not looking very pretty. I was interested in this as I got an idea here then I made it one step further to have an EA automatically draw a channel when price is in range. So trend following EA won't be caught in a trading range. So thank you for that.

Haha

My Pleasure to give you the idea!!

I hope you can turn it $$$...When you are in australia with your private jet!..please look me up! I'll buy you a drink!

Regards

Daryl

christinaLi:
Hi, Daryl,

Christina

Hi Christina

Well the EA seems to be working great, thanks!!..although the trick is finding correct place to draw trendline.

I was hoping to ask you one more question of your expertise! I use a manual trailing stop method to exit the trade...I was hoping that it may be possible to add function into the EA...or as seperate EA.

My method is to exit the trade when price closes above/below a 20 period exponential Moving Average...EG..when selling, close out trade when bar closes above 20 exp Moving Av. It is a very simple but very effective method...Is it possible to write that into the EA?

regards

Daryl

df0132:
Hi Christina

Well the EA seems to be working great, thanks!!..although the trick is finding correct place to draw trendline.

I was hoping to ask you one more question of your expertise! I use a manual trailing stop method to exit the trade...I was hoping that it may be possible to add function into the EA...or as seperate EA.

My method is to exit the trade when price closes above/below a 20 period exponential Moving Average...EG..when selling, close out trade when bar closes above 20 exp Moving Av. It is a very simple but very effective method...Is it possible to write that into the EA?

regards

Daryl

Hi Daryl,

I did it but I have not test this. Let me know if you have problems.

2011-07-15_0826 - Wise-EA's library

Files:
Reason: