Requests & Ideas (MQL5 only!) - page 57

nonain :

Hi, Karputov

Is it possible to make a candle timer indicator that issues an audio alert at five seconds before candle close?

Actually, I am always against such a timer because of such situations: daily candle, Friday - you expect that the "end" of the candle will be at 23-59, but the trading ended at 23-00. In this case, you will not receive any alerts.

Vladimir Karputov:

Actually, I am always against such a timer because of such situations: daily candle, Friday - you expect that the "end" of the candle will be at 23-59, but the trading ended at 23-00. In this case, you will not receive any alerts.

OK

I respect your opinion

Hello dear Vladimir,

the idea is simple, a trailing stop base on horizontal line from ichimuko's kumo and kijun-sen (search from 104 [or more] candle until now)

Buy position: we choose one fix number for trailing stop (for example 10pip) and trailing stop choose first support from flat kijun-sen or kumo under it 

candle close price - 10pip > first support from Ichimuko (=SL)

Farshad :

Hello dear Vladimir,

the idea is simple, a trailing stop base on horizontal line from ichimuko's kumo and kijun-sen (search from 104 [or more] candle until now)

Buy position: we choose one fix number for trailing stop (for example 10pip) and trailing stop choose first support from flat kijun-sen or kumo under it 

candle c lose price - 10pip  > first s upport from Ichimuko (=SL)

YOU can show a screenshot with the indicator (the main condition: the chart must be on a WHITE BACKGROUND, if the chart is on a black background, I will not even look)

Hello Vladimir/Everyone,

I have a semi-automated trading system I have been using successfully in my forward testing and would like to share it while seeking assistance with coding it into an EA for MT5.

The algo goes like this:

System type: MA crossover

Fast MA: 10 (EMA)

Slow MA: 50 (Smoothed)

Lot size calculation: Percentage based on Balance

SL calculation: ATR multipled by set SL multiplier (e.g. 1.5)

TP calculation: ATR multipled by set TP multiplier (e.g. 5)

Entry: Fast MA crosses over slow MA

Exit: Opposite signal generated or TP Hit

pretty basic EA programming needed...Which I unfortunately can't do :(

Will be very grateful if anyone can help me out with building this EA. I use it to scalp the Step Index on***, works best on the M1 timeframe.

Oliver Munafumpa :

Hello Vladimir/ Everyone,

I have a semi-automated trading system I have been using successfully in my forward testing and would like to share it while seeking assistance with coding it into an EA for MT5.

The algo goes like this:

Will be very grateful if anyone can help me out with building this EA. I use it to scalp the Step Index on***, works best on the M1 timeframe.

How do you calculate SL and TP?

Oliver Munafumpa :

Hello Vladimir/ Everyone,

The algo goes like this:

While there are no clarifications from you, I will compose a simple code: it checks the signal at the intersection of two iMAs. It has neither Stop Loss nor Take Profit. If a signal is received and there is an opposite position, the opposite position will be closed.

Code MA crossover august.mq5

version 1.000

Files:

Vladimir Karputov:

While there are no clarifications from you, I will compose a simple code: it checks the signal at the intersection of two iMAs. It has neither Stop Loss nor Take Profit. If a signal is received and there is an opposite position, the opposite position will be closed.

Code MA crossover august.mq5

version 1.000

Hi Vladimir,

Sorry for the late reply, still hodling down a day job lol. Thank you for the work done so far. 

The SL and TP are calculated using the ATR of the current timeframe. For example, if the the ATR for that instrument is 10, and the SL multiplier is set at 2, then the SL will be 10 x 2 = 20. Same logic applies for the TP.

I'll go ahead and test V.1.000 regardless and share feedback ASAP

UPDATE: The open, close and reverse orders logic is working as intended. Last critical part is auto-position size and SL and TP calculation. Just to reiterate, the postion size is based on the account balance (by percentage input) and is caluclated in relation to the SL size.

Oliver Munafumpa:

Hi Vladimir,

Sorry for the late reply, still hodling doen a day job lol. Thank you for the work done so far. 

The SL and TP are calculated using the ATR of the current timeframe. For example, if the the ATR for that instrument is 10, and the SL multiplier is set at 2, then the SL will be 10 x 2 = 20. Same logic applies for the TP.

I'll go ahead and test V.1.000 regardless and share feedback ASAP

UPDATE: The open and close orders logic is working as intended. Last critical part is auto-position size and SL and TP calculation. Just to reiterate, the postion size is based on the account balance and is caluclated in relation to the SL size.

What parameters does ATR have? If you do not answer again, I will not pay attention to you.

Vladimir Karputov:
What parameters does ATR have? If you do not answer again, I will not pay attention to you.
the only parameter is 14 periods of lookback
Reason: