Best Alternative Solutions Comparatively - page 28

Dear dimitri

Thanks for your interest regarding some workable EA,since long i am searching/working on such EA,i have so many different ideas,i needs a companion like you so that i have objections and criticism to improve idea and meanwhile your suggestions and recommendations and ideas,first let us talk about your MA cross ea ......... as you described for 2 open trades (sell/buy) as being hedge,my experience about hedge is "that you accepted the current loss and you have to pay it by all means" no matter now or later some time.

Let us forget manual trading for now,we are working on only EA.

here in TSD there is no running thread like we can discuss on some topic especially trading system (manual and EA) to improve it more effective way as we see in FF.here peoples only come and take tools and run out,very fewer time some peoples cross talk about 2/3 posts and off.

regards

mntiwana:

Dear dimitri

Thanks for your interest regarding some workable EA,since long i am searching/working on such EA,i have so many different ideas,i needs a companion like you so that i have objections and criticism to improve idea and meanwhile your suggestions and recommendations and ideas,first let us talk about your MA cross ea ......... as you described for 2 open trades (sell/buy) as being hedge,my experience about hedge is "that you accepted the current loss and you have to pay it by all means" no matter now or later some time.

Let us forget manual trading for now,we are working on only EA.

here in TSD there is no running thread like we can discuss on some topic especially trading system (manual and EA) to improve it more effective way as we see in FF.here peoples only come and take tools and run out,very fewer time some peoples cross talk about 2/3 posts and off.

regards

My Dearest mntiwana,

I have to thank you for your invitation in this thread. Hope and wish that something interesting will come out .....

I agree with you to focus on specific issues, even by excluding others ... like manual trading ...

We can put different issues that could be analyzed ... One Group could be "Signals" like : 1) Trust able and Stable SIGNALS for OPENING a Position or Trade, 2) same for CLOSING the Position or Trade, 3) Scalping ... 4) Swing .... Another Group could be "Signals Management" like : 1) EXIT a trade using Stops, 2) EXIT with "partial closing" of a trade, 3) EXIT using Time and or ... Another Group could be "Trust able Testiing &  Optimization" ... and so on .....

Going back to my recent request and logic, i have to info you that you are write regarding the simultaneous existence of two opposite positions (hedged) ... but if we continue and a third signal arrives ... there will be a new power added, and if the trend is in the same direction we are waiting for a positive turn of our result .... i present it like this just to make it simple .... it is not so simple ....

One very interesting and profitable case is when the first signal is Short at a certain level and the second signal is a Long one at a lower level than the first one .... Just to give you a simple example suppose that a Sell Signal arrives and a Short position is opened at level 100 and another Buy Signal arrives at level 70 and you open a Long Position ... this is a guaranteed profitable trade and not a "... my experience about hedge is "that you accepted the current loss and you have to pay it by all means" no matter now or later some time ... "  as you mentioned previously. Anyway here we are to find solutions ....

In order to  have your contribution to this logic i would very much like your knowledge and experience to underline and suggest any idea or indicator or other signal generator that can behave like the given example. Just to start with ....

Thank you again for your invitation ... let's start ....

Best Regards

Dimitri

dimitri1:

My Dearest mntiwana,

I have to thank you for your invitation in this thread. Hope and wish that something interesting will come out .....

I agree with you to focus on specific issues, even by excluding others ... like manual trading ...

We can put different issues that could be analyzed ... One Group could be "Signals" like : 1) Trust able and Stable SIGNALS for OPENING a Position or Trade, 2) same for CLOSING the Position or Trade, 3) Scalping ... 4) Swing .... Another Group could be "Signals Management" like : 1) EXIT a trade using Stops, 2) EXIT with "partial closing" of a trade, 3) EXIT using Time and or ... Another Group could be "Trust able Testiing &  Optimization" ... and so on .....

Going back to my recent request and logic, i have to info you that you are write regarding the simultaneous existence of two opposite positions (hedged) ... but if we continue and a third signal arrives ... there will be a new power added, and if the trend is in the same direction we are waiting for a positive turn of our result .... i present it like this just to make it simple .... it is not so simple ....

One very interesting and profitable case is when the first signal is Short at a certain level and the second signal is a Long one at a lower level than the first one .... Just to give you a simple example suppose that a Sell Signal arrives and a Short position is opened at level 100 and another Buy Signal arrives at level 70 and you open a Long Position ... this is a guaranteed profitable trade and not a "... my experience about hedge is "that you accepted the current loss and you have to pay it by all means" no matter now or later some time ... "  as you mentioned previously. Anyway here we are to find solutions ....

In order to  have your contribution to this logic i would very much like your knowledge and experience to underline and suggest any idea or indicator or other signal generator that can behave like the given example. Just to start with ....

Thank you again for your invitation ... let's start ....

Best Regards

Dimitri

Dear Dimitri

Let me say some thing step by step.

1 and 2= stable signaling means,we have A class indicators/tools almost all and every kind/style from TSD,we can fully trust on,mostly indicators (99%) giving us perfect signals according to the logic,used in coding,only the higher TFs can differ some times,that is not repainting matter but the reality we have to compromise with,conditionally if we will be use higher TFs..... other point is,every next indicator will not be signaling same to previous because a different calculation method/logic is used in every next indicator,for example rsi is not same to stoch or cci and T3 is not same to tema,dema and so on ..... but we will be adjust them maximum possible,conditionally if we will be using some parallel in same signaling purpose...... so stable/perfect signaling is not a matter and same with closing trade with same tools is the same thing.

3 and 4= i think or my suggestion about scalping or swing is, we have to trade in lower TFs with higher period tools.this will secure us from many possible obstacles/matters. for one example,comparing to 1H tf,in 5M we have 12 more bars,we can enter and exit early but it is only my opinion.scalping/swing can be on higher Tf and lower TFs even depends on ones choice and trading logic.

And lastly and more crucial part is MM,that have more parts and ways we can follow and adapt.

continue.......

Dear dimitri

===================================================================

when you have had established/developed/decided a trading logic and you are following it,taking trades on behalf of that ...... what is second or third signal arrive ...... it only comes when you have second logic,same like as 3 ma cross or multi TFs (higher TFs) signaling ,i think this just only will mislead ..... but you can explain better,may be some thing that is out of my understanding.

an other point i want discuss with you,price always moves in cycles (small and big) so you all and every time will be misleads with this cycles,some times your buy trade will be looking true and some other time sell feels true,which one you will be follow,but you have to explain and prove me your trading logic with illustrating pictures,hhhhhhh

regards

mntiwana:

Dear Dimitri

Let me say some thing step by step.

1 and 2= stable signaling means,we have A class indicators/tools almost all and every kind/style from TSD,we can fully trust on,mostly indicators (99%) giving us perfect signals according to the logic,used in coding,only the higher TFs can differ some times,that is not repainting matter but the reality we have to compromise with,conditionally if we will be use higher TFs..... other point is,every next indicator will not be signaling same to previous because a different calculation method/logic is used in every next indicator,for example rsi is not same to stoch or cci and T3 is not same to tema,dema and so on ..... but we will be adjust them maximum possible,conditionally if we will be using some parallel in same signaling purpose...... so stable/perfect signaling is not a matter and same with closing trade with same tools is the same thing.

3 and 4= i think or my suggestion about scalping or swing is, we have to trade in lower TFs with higher period tools.this will secure us from many possible obstacles/matters. for one example,comparing to 1H tf,in 5M we have 12 more bars,we can enter and exit early but it is only my opinion.scalping/swing can be on higher Tf and lower TFs even depends on ones choice and trading logic.

And lastly and more crucial part is MM,that have more parts and ways we can follow and adapt.

continue.......

Dear mntiwana

maybe there is a misunderstanding or i have presented things in a not clear way ....

The first paragraph is a general one .... and just mentioning different issues to be examined ...

Afterwards i present one case regarding the my trading logic to " keep opposite positions opened " ... i just wanted to guide a little bit our discussion in a more practical territory, that is why i have presented first case to show you that not all hedged positioned are losing and from the other hand to give your idea how this set up could be reached - achieved. So the first research is to find how we can get a Selling Signal at a certain level and a Buy Signal at a lower level respectively....

Just to give an example for this setup "Short Above Long" is to use "Resistance Level" as a Selling point Signal and the "Support Level" which is located below resistance, as a Buy point Signal. Another example can be the use of Fractals, considering High Fractals for Selling point Signal and the Low Fractal for Buy point signal ..... and we will go ahead mentioning all those different approaches that are giving such result ... so for the first stage let's find the most trust able setup that gives as result "Short above Long" ....

Hope it is clear enough to start with. If any additional info is needed do not hesitate to ask me.

It would also be nice and constructive if other friends could participate with their contribution.

Best Regards

Dimitri

dimitri1:

Dear mntiwana

maybe there is a misunderstanding or i have presented things in a not clear way ....

The first paragraph is a general one .... and just mentioning different issues to be examined ...

Afterwards i present one case regarding the my trading logic to " keep opposite positions opened " ... i just wanted to guide a little bit our discussion in a more practical territory, that is why i have presented first case to show you that not all hedged positioned are losing and from the other hand to give your idea how this set up could be reached - achieved. So the first research is to find how we can get a Selling Signal at a certain level and a Buy Signal at a lower level respectively....

Just to give an example for this setup "Short Above Long" is to use "Resistance Level" as a Selling point Signal and the "Support Level" which is located below resistance, as a Buy point Signal. Another example can be the use of Fractals, considering High Fractals for Selling point Signal and the Low Fractal for Buy point signal ..... and we will go ahead mentioning all those different approaches that are giving such result ... so for the first stage let's find the most trust able setup that gives as result "Short above Long" ....

Hope it is clear enough to start with. If any additional info is needed do not hesitate to ask me.

It would also be nice and constructive if other friends could participate with their contribution.

Best Regards

Dimitri

Dear man

Let us clear every point at its starting stage so we can and can not use it in our next and ahead stage.

do you like,trust and depend on fractal (it is repainting one)

do you like,trust and depends on SR (it is also same) though a bit different way.

as per my observation,SR are only traders assumptions and pre expectations,price movement never cares that,though some times price take a breath at that points,because a lot of traders have take profit and stop loss and buy stop and sell stop at that points,and as a results price volume some percent of invested volume by traders decreased/increased at that points so price movement/momentum breaths a little and then moved ahead or got back according to situation (volume) this is the point where big shark artificially move/push price and hit retail traders ..... i can be wrong in my opinion,your opinion is most welcome.

of course interested participants are more welcome, we all needs improvement,atleast krelian,wulong and timmy will join us soon and as a result MLADEN will be guiding us too.

regards

As for hedge,it is clear as day light that at one time price move in one direction in small and big cycles/breaths,so one side trade (from 2 of hedge) is always in loss,it means we accepted that loss and we have to pay it,next,it is up to trader how early he get out of that hedge/loss.or alternatively trader have a huge volume account and he can wait/hold loosing positions and after a short or long period of time that loosing positions turn in traders favor,at least we are not of that size.

mntiwana:

Dear man

Let us clear every point at its starting stage so we can and can not use it in our next and ahead stage.

do you like,trust and depend on fractal (it is repainting one)

do you like,trust and depends on SR (it is also same) though a bit different way.

as per my observation,SR are only traders assumptions and pre expectations,price movement never cares that,though some times price take a breath at that points,because a lot of traders have take profit and stop loss and buy stop and sell stop at that points,and as a results price volume some percent of invested volume by traders decreased/increased at that points so price movement/momentum breaths a little and then moved ahead or got back according to situation (volume) this is the point where big shark artificially move/push price and hit retail traders ..... i can be wrong in my opinion,your opinion is most welcome.

of course interested participants are more welcome, we all needs improvement,atleast krelian,wulong and timmy will join us soon and as a result MLADEN will be guiding us too.

regards

Dear mntiwana,

I like the obstacles you place, because is the best way to clear obscurity and place the basis for both sides understanding.

Let's agree what is "Hedge" ....

Hedge is ... "A hedge is an investment position intended to offset potential losses or gains that may be incurred by a companion investment. In simple language, a hedge is used to reduce any substantial losses or gains suffered by an individual or an organization.

A hedge can be constructed from many types of financial instruments, including stocks, exchange-traded funds, insurance, forward contracts, swaps, options, many types of over-the-counter and derivative products, and futures contracts.

"

dimitri1:

Dear mntiwana,

I like the obstacles you place, because is the best way to clear obscurity and place the basis for both sides understanding.

Let's agree what is "Hedge" ....

Hedge is ... "A hedge is an investment position intended to offset potential losses or gains that may be incurred by a companion investment. In simple language, a hedge is used to reduce any substantial losses or gains suffered by an individual or an organization.

A hedge can be constructed from many types of financial instruments, including stocks, exchange-traded funds, insurance, forward contracts, swaps, options, many types of over-the-counter and derivative products, and futures contracts.

"

So in order to speak the same language, Hedge does not mean "Losses" only, but "Profit" also. In other words HEDGE is a way to "secure and preserve" the actual status of a position at that point. So we cannot say that Hedge is always in loss ..... Hope it is clear now what Hedge is.

Waiting for your confirmation at this point that it is clear and without doubts what Hedge is.

Best Regards

Dimitri 

dimitri1:

So in order to speak the same language, Hedge does not mean "Losses" only, but "Profit" also. In other words HEDGE is a way to "secure and preserve" the actual status of a position at that point. So we cannot say that Hedge is always in loss ..... Hope it is clear now what Hedge is.

Waiting for your confirmation at this point that it is clear and without doubts what Hedge is.

Best Regards

Dimitri 

Dear dimitri

Let us accept the hedge for the movement being a optimistic and take a step ahead,for example we execute a trade with hedge,when we will be lifting/removing hedge and at which point and status,can you explain with a picture/pictures for to better understand.don't forget considering numbers of trades that only do not invite margin calls but increase expenses (spread/commission) too.

regards

Reason: