Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 46

techmac:
Man, they are deleting posts from a thread dedicated to beta testing in English section that they do not like. Sad

Why are they deleting posts there? That is a benign tread

mladen:
Why are they deleting posts there? That is a benign tread

It should be benign but seems that somebody did not like that some people stated that they are stooping to test this beta version and those posts are deleted (did not save pictures but I do remember those missing posts). What is wrong in stating that I can not understand

Build : 548

Nothing new. Still the same problems with iCustom() calls. Still called instance not unloaded/reset when time frame or symbols changed. Still sting parameters incorrectly treated. New (without an intention to test it since I tiold that I will test the rest only when the basic things are OK) : objects displayed on screen can differ when you just recompile the indicator from what they are going to be displayed in normal deployment (the odd is that they are displayed correctly when you recompile and incorrectly when they are used normally). The rest : have no idea. Did not test. Compiler is a total mess

Just one addition : indicators are losing the content of string parameters even without being called using iCustom(). A simple time frame change can cause a complete loss of such parameters settings. So, in fact, build 548 is worse than build 547. With this kind of progression we really migh replace "weeks" in the thread title with "years"

And just as a curiosity for now : a dll created by pt3 using metatrader 4 source. Seems that metatrader should be very careful and very up-to-date : competition is right around the corner

Interesting. Good to know that alternatives are already here

checkin:
Interesting. Good to know that alternatives are already here

Yep

I hope that it will make metaquotes work on beta as they should. It is always good to have more choices and if we would have 2-3 choices than all of those trading platform makers would be stimulated to be better (not worse). Having just 1 choice (whatever the choice is) was never good

Looking forward to trying out the new mt4.. Will be nice to be able to unify all the mt scripts out there to one platform

We all are, but it seems that we all are going to wait till then longer than it should be normal

Big Joe:
Hey all,

Protrader is very interesting, it converted all my indicators in one shot.

So far, working very good.

Nice to have an alternative, just in case ...

Per moment the only thing I have found to have problems with are multi time frame indicators. Will see if there is a solution for that. Other than that all seems to be working OK

Reason: