Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 30

For those that want to test the new build 529 of metatrader 4

Open the login dialog box and enter "demo.metaquotes.net:444" in the server name (like on the picture - does not matter what is the account number and password).

Wait till you get an error message that it is an invalid account. Once when you get that error message, open a new account on a newly created server (it will appear in the list of available servers after this step) and wait till metatrader updates to new 529 version (you might have to wait a bit due to a lot of updates requested). Once when it finishes you will have this in the about box :

PS: do not do that on you live account. Use this for testing purposes only for now

Files:
login.gif  10 kb
new_529.gif  19 kb

And immediately one big problem : when you change time frame or symbol or you recompile some EA, your EA will be stopped and removed. Each and every time you change time frame or symbol you will have to reload the expert advisor

So, the conclusion from the precvious post is valid : do not use on any instance of metatrader that you have imprtant data on. It is still beta and for now it seems that it is not safe to use in normal trading

mladen:
It all reminds me to the situation when metatrader 5 was about to become a "new, much better platform to trade, much faster execution, much ... whatever". We all know at what stages is metatrader 5 - still having as much bug as an ant nest All started very, very similar with the "new metatrder 4". Judging from what metaquotes already have done the "praying might help" seems like a best advice so far

What does stop them to get their sh*t together, invest some chunk of money in the temporarily expansion of their programmers staff (or what the hell, outsource to India), spend few quality months and give us in the output good, quality, "not to be ashamed of" - product?

I just don't understand what is the problem to organize meeting and admit "hey guys, let's face it - it's sh*tty and we must do something about it", because based on your words (I don't follow so much MT development) it seems like there are working 2 Putin's grandsons and they just don't want to do anything, rather than take bribes and drink Vodka

Don't know

What I know after half an hour of testing this beta that almost all indicators too will have to be rewritten (strict control of array accessing is required and till now, from what I saw, at lest 90-95% of metatrader 4 indicators did not check that. Metatrader 4 returned 0 as a result in cases when such elements were addressed and nobody bothered to add an array size check in metatrader 4).

It will require a lot of re-coding and almost sure that only a smaller part of existing indicatros will work without any change (source or not - does not matter)

At least one good news : see the variable names in the properties dialog now (that is metatrader 4 not metatrader 5)

Files:
good_news.gif  47 kb

One more good news

But the list of problem rises too so, will not spam with the problems found so far any more today

Files:
options.gif  41 kb

mladen:
Don't know

What I know after half an hour of testing this beta that almost all indicators too will have to be rewritten (strict control of array accessing is required and till now, from what I saw, at lest 90-95% of metatrader 4 indicators did not check that. Metatrader 4 returned 0 as a result in cases when such elements were addressed and nobody bothered to add an array size check in metatrader 4).

It will require a lot of re-coding and almost sure that only a smaller part of existing indicatros will work without any change (source or not - does not matter)

You mean almost all will have to be adapted for new metatrader 4?

Fantastic !!!!

techmac:
You mean almost all will have to be adapted for new metatrader 4? Fantastic !!!!

At a moment it looks like that

And a lot of things that are not declared as errors are happening (some empty string parameters changing their values when you change time frame, for example and you did not change them) Too early to say anything wise - this is a ""heavy beta" as far as I can see - it needs a lot of work in order to make it as usable as current metatrader 4

PEOPLE

DO NOT INSTALL THE BETA METATRADER

It will prevent you from using metatrader build 509 (it will always update any other instance of metatrader that you have)

Forget about it for now

so the rumors are true (as usual)...they are going to rename METATRADER into BETATRADER!

Reason: