Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 32

Antonsan:
They will make a great damage to the traders community that uses MT4.

It is not reasonable that a theoretical improvement is a great disservice to all users.

Only one third of the indicators that I have to work without making source code changes, from the mq4 code.

There are people who spent years programming your EAs, and now do not work.

Many libraries dll have stopped working and this is something that can not be fixed.

We can not resign ourselves to always be victims of a company, which provides tools for brokers to make their scams, and end-user does not care.

Antonsan

Only dlls that are using string(s) for arguments are not going to work. They are telling that it is because they are preventing a decomilation that way and that they are doing it for security reasons (do not know if those are real reasons, just forwarding their arguments)

Here is a simple SSL of price that works with no problem at all on the beta version too (using a standard dll call).

As of the rest, I am afraid that you are right : a lot of re-coding will be needed to make all work, and in a lot of cases it will be very difficult to find what is preventing some code from executing and quite frankly I do not see how ex4 files will be able to execute without changes

Files:
libssa.zip  35 kb

cja:
Does the new MT4 treat trades like the current MT4 or like MT5 has anyone had a chance to check that out yet?

cja

It trades the same way as metatrader 4 : you can open multiple orders on a same symbol with no problem at all

mladen:
Antonsan

Only dlls that are using string(s) for arguments are not going to work. They are telling that it is because they are preventing a decomilation that way and that they are doing it for security reasons (do not know if those are real reasons, just forwarding their arguments)

Here is a simple SSL of price that works with no problem at all on the beta version too (using a standard dll call).

As of the rest, I am afraid that you are right : a lot of re-coding will be needed to make all work, and in a lot of cases it will be very difficult to find what is preventing some code from executing and quite frankly I do not see how ex4 files will be able to execute without changes

So, basically what we are looking at is another couple of years untill all that needs to be re-coded gets recoded? Fantastic !!!!

mladen:
...As of the rest, I am afraid that you are right : a lot of re-coding will be needed to make all work, and in a lot of cases it will be very difficult to find what is preventing some code from executing and quite frankly I do not see how ex4 files will be able to execute without changes

I feel like starting to make my current indicators compatible. The earlier the better.

What do I have to look out for specifically in the code of the current .mq4´s to see if they need to be re-coded ? Are those specific digits in the code ?

Gfuchs:
I feel like starting to make my current indicators compatible. The earlier the better. What do I have to look out for specifically in the code of the current .mq4´s to see if they need to be re-coded ? Are those specific digits in the code ?

Specially pay attention to buffers and arrays - always check if they are accesses with a correct index value

Gfuchs:
I feel like starting to make my current indicators compatible. The earlier the better. What do I have to look out for specifically in the code of the current .mq4´s to see if they need to be re-coded ? Are those specific digits in the code ?

Or things like this :

When the indicator is attached to the chart, it will return the correct answer - true - to the TestString comparison. If you change the time frame or the symbol, it will return false as an answer even though the TestString value is not changed at all.

#property indicator_chart_window

extern string TestString = "";

int OnInit() { return(0); }

int deinit() { return(0); }

int start()

{

Comment(TestString=="");

return(0);

}

That is just one of the bugs (among similar ones) that is very hard to detect since nobody would think that the value of the TestString have somehow changed.

mladen:
Or things like this :

When the indicator is attached to the chart, it will return the correct answer - true - to the TestString comparison. If you change the time frame or the symbol, it will return false as an answer even though the TestString value is not changed at all.

int start()

{

Comment(TestString=="");

return(0);

}
That is just one of the bugs (among similar ones) that is very hard to detect since nobody would think that the value of the TestString have somehow changed.

Thanks a lot Mladen. I´ll have a look at the codes and check everything what I understood so far. I mean I am not a coder but at least to have more or less an idea about what is going on.

cja:
Does the new MT4 treat trades like the current MT4 or like MT5 has anyone had a chance to check that out yet?

Just one small addition : the format of order handling functions did not change - it is the same as it is now in metatrader 4 (with one additional function as far as I see : the OrderCloseBy - "Closes an opened order by another opposite opened order") The rest is the same

Also, in build 531 EAs are not killed when the time frame or symbol is changed - they stay active now

mladen:
Or things like this :

int start()

{

Comment(TestString=="");

return(0);

}

You mean it will take at least as long as they worked on metatrader 5 to clean that up and metatrader 5 is still a buggy product? Not a bright outlook

Instructions to moderators on metaquotes site is to limit the beta testing to Russian speaking part of the site. Why? Nobody knows

Reason: