Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 12

cja:
I believe he talking about the cross to close trades and that has been around for a while now

cja

thanks for the clarification

wow!! thanks for this information i didn't know this earlier..

Though I am not sure is single click trading an improvement : still getting re-quotes as stuff like that even with single click trading

Right now noticed that the thread was opened almost 2 months ago - so the "few weeks" will be "few months"

Of single click trading : I am getting re-quotes even on orders opening let alone on orders closing. Hardly suitable for scalping

techmac:
Right now noticed that the thread was opened almost 2 months ago - so the "few weeks" will be "few months"

Of single click trading : I am getting re-quotes even on orders opening let alone on orders closing. Hardly suitable for scalping

Those are all inherited from metatrader 5

As of time : since there is no newer version of new metatrader 4, it is probably going the good old way - it will be finished when it gets finished. In the mean time the major dispute is if it will be decompilable or not and the answers are not conclusive

Strange

No news or some new upgrade for quite some time. Even on metaquotes forum there is nothing new. Not even new disputes. Wonder when are we going to see the new terminal that is going to work with all the new things that it is supposed to work with?

Still no new upgrades.

For OO coding the good news is that it will have classes as in metatrader 5. If it is a good or bad news, not sure. A simple test when price was retrieved using class and when it was done using the normal switch-case showed in metatrader 5 that class was significantly slower that the switch (and I mean significantly - 2-3 times slower), so it is a matter of what one is expecting from a trading platform. But when every millisecond counts (like in order opening and closing) and when we are raced by HFT trading systems, it seems rather obvious what is the most important in trading

It will be the same story as with metatrader 5. Nothing new

mladen:

Those are all inherited from metatrader 5

As of time : since there is no newer version of new metatrader 4, it is probably going the good old way - it will be finished when it gets finished. In the mean time the major dispute is if it will be decompilable or not and the answers are not conclusive

If single click trading is inherited from MT4 and it has been in MT4 for the last couple of revision releases, I would imagine we are already on our way to MT45. I would not be surprised to find in the first release version of MT45 that most of the MT5 OOP /C++ constructs are available to us to use. Each future release of MT4 is probably bringing us closer to MT45.

If they stop at MT45, they may have a winner (the best of MT4 with the OOP/C++ constructs optional); but if they don't and continue to MT5 trading functions.............

Seen some compared tests (EA back tests) where metatrader 4 was 2.5 times faster than exactly the same metatrader 5 version. I hope that it (that "speed") is not the part we are going to get with the new metatrader 4

Reason: