Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 31

Pava:
so the rumors are true (as usual)...they are going to rename METATRADER into BETATRADER!

I had to restore the state of my PC to avoid constant updates to build 529 (that beta version) and right now I have to use build 500 in order to be able to work normally (I can not use build 509 - if I allow update to build 509 then it is dead again). I expected anything but this - to forcefully "upgrade" all the terminals to an unusable beta version is something I could not imagine in my wildest dreams

A solution to prevent that stupid update :

Find a folder at your C drive that is named something like this .../Metaqoutes/WebInstall (it is a hidden folder). Erase everything (the whole Webinstall folder) and that will prevent upgrades to build 529. Otherwise you will not be able to use build 509 any more

It is best to rename the folder. Do not delete it.

Will be beta daily updates.

If we put the original name, we can update the beta again when we want.

mladen:
Don't know

What I know after half an hour of testing this beta that almost all indicators too will have to be rewritten (strict control of array accessing is required and till now, from what I saw, at lest 90-95% of metatrader 4 indicators did not check that. Metatrader 4 returned 0 as a result in cases when such elements were addressed and nobody bothered to add an array size check in metatrader 4).

It will require a lot of re-coding and almost sure that only a smaller part of existing indicatros will work without any change (source or not - does not matter)

Mladen, how sure is it that all indicators need to be recoded ?

And if it´s sure would it be wise to open a thread with a tutorial on how to make the changes to the code ? Or will it be much more work than that?

kind of like Obamacare...when it rains it pours

mladen:
I had to restore the state of my PC to avoid constant updates to build 529 (that beta version) and right now I have to use build 500 in order to be able to work normally (I can not use build 509 - if I allow update to build 509 then it is dead again). I expected anything but this - to forcefully "upgrade" all the terminals to an unusable beta version is something I could not imagine in my wildest dreams

Does the new MT4 treat trades like the current MT4 or like MT5 has anyone had a chance to check that out yet?

They will make a great damage to the traders community that uses MT4.

It is not reasonable that a theoretical improvement is a great disservice to all users.

Only one third of the indicators that I have to work without making source code changes, from the mq4 code.

There are people who spent years programming your EAs, and now do not work.

Many libraries dll have stopped working and this is something that can not be fixed.

We can not resign ourselves to always be victims of a company, which provides tools for brokers to make their scams, and end-user does not care.

Antonsan:
They will make a great damage to the traders community that uses MT4.

It is not reasonable that a theoretical improvement is a great disservice to all users.

Only one third of the indicators that I have to work without making source code changes, from the mq4 code.

There are people who spent years programming your EAs, and now do not work.

Many libraries dll have stopped working and this is something that can not be fixed.

We can not resign ourselves to always be victims of a company, which provides tools for brokers to make their scams, and end-user does not care.

What can Man do against such reckless illogicals and poorly thought out changes

& then after we change our codes for the new MT4 build... What's next then after in maybe a year or two? A total discontinuation of MT4 & a forced change to MT5? It's just gonna be a nightmare all over again

Guys,

I am on a short vacation, so will be brief now Just to update : if you wish to use beta version, make sure that after each and every upgrade of beta version you dlete what is downloaded in the ../Metaquotes/WebInstall folder at your C drive and then you can use the previous versions/builds of metatrader without a danger of making those "upgraded" to beta version too. Once when your beta is upgraded, delete all that you find in that folder

Reason: