Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 23

Just an update : latest metatrader 5 can compile metatrader 4 sources. What it still can not do is execute the compiled file (neither can metatrader 4 terminal execute such executable files). For now it seems that we have all but the most important : we can not run what the final executable is

No news for when will a terminal capable to execute such files be prepared so all we can do for now is to wait

chrisstoff:
Hi Tzuman,

Thank you for your helpfulness.

I tried two different setup files. One of them from Alpari UK. I uploaded the file here and the actual one can be downloaded from Alpari.

The other one is from Metaquotes. I also uploaded it here and you can download the current version from Forex Trading Platform MetaTrader 4.

One more piece of information: I use Wndows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operation system and F-Secure Internet Security 2013 as antivirus and firewall software and this calls Windows firewall.

Hope you will be successful and can find out what the problem is.

Hi Chrisstof,

I downloaded the installation file from the first location, Alpari UK on 10/16 and installed it today. All went perfectly normal and it came up with version 509, the current version. I don't know anything else to suggest to you.

alpari.docx

Files:
alpari.docx  273 kb

Thanks for sharing all informative post here. please continue.

Tzuman:
Hi Chrisstof,

I downloaded the installation file from the first location, Alpari UK on 10/16 and installed it today. All went perfectly normal and it came up with version 509, the current version. I don't know anything else to suggest to you.

alpari.docx

Hi Tzuman,

Thank you for your efforts.

So the problem is only with my PC. There must be some software incompatibility which I have not been able to figure out yet. We will see whether it goes with the next MT4 version.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Could not resist What has been talked about the new metatrader :

Files:

They are upgrading metatrader 5 constantly (new upgrade today too). My guess is that the "plan" is that all should be done from metatrader 5 (the metatrader 4 and metatrader 5 code and executable) and that metatrader 5 terminal should be used for that.

What is unclear how will the time frames then be treated and does that mean that offline charts will be canceled. If offline charts are to be canceled in order to have a compatibility to an existing metatrader 5, than a whole world of offline charts will be closed and it would be a big mistake

techmac:
Could not resist What has been talked about the new metatrader :

Lol mate. Excited

Oh well, is seems that at least that problem that all will be executed from metatrader 4 is solved : as it is told by the administrator of metaquotes metatrader 4 and 5 trading terminals will stay separated.

4 or 5 updates of metatrader 5 today

Some versions were valid only for an hour (at least 2 versions were like that). Don't know what are they doing but a version that lasts for only an hour is not a good sign

techmac:
4 or 5 updates of metatrader 5 today Some versions were valid only for an hour (at least 2 versions were like that). Don't know what are they doing but a version that lasts for only an hour is not a good sign

I think that those are not updates but that it is some kind of an error in the update. I was prompted that an update was applied, and after restart the version of metatrader iI was using was still the same. Seems that there is an error on their side that affects metatrader 5 updates

Reason: