New MT4 build 1184 error

There is a new MT 4 build that is forced upon us (/skipupdate does not work - as usual)

Once when you allow it - whatever you compile, it will not work any more. Take a test - use something that works, rename the source and compile it. The old (not compiled with new metaeditor) will work, the new will not work

PS: that will cause error when you download a source too - since it will incorrectly compile it. So, if you download something today and it does not work - do not ask the authors of the code to fix it - ... 😂

I confirm (build 1184), nice one :-D

Mladen Rakic:

There a a new MT 4 build that is forced upon us (/skipupdate does not work - as usual)

Once when you allow it - whatever you compile will not work any more. Take a test - use something that works, rename the source and compile it. The old (not compiled with new metaeditor) will work, the new will not work

PS: that will cause error when you download a source too - since it will incorrect compile it. So, if you download something today and it does not work - do not ask the authors of the code to fix it - ... 😂

Mladen,thanks for your continue checking/testing updated and alarming us regarding any issue.

Looks like meta-quotes continuously trying tactically force its users to MT5

regards

Alain Verleyen:
I confirm (build 1184), nice one :-D

I am still trying to find "build 1184" - as i using "build 1170 of Dec 2018" if you can direct me to link or post here,more importantly including "Editor"thanks

regards

If you open a demo account on metatrader server, and restart the terminal it will download those updates / upgrades

But for now do not do that (it requires some steps out of the ordinary to make possible to work with this last build as normal)

Mladen Rakic:

If you open a demo account on metatrader server, and restart the terminal it will download those updates / upgrades

But for now do not do that (it requires some steps out of the ordinary to make possible to work with this last build as normal)

Better to never do it unless you want to be a beta-tester.

The new version of metatrader is giving this error in many of the indicators and that are compiled with the new version 

Error Access violation write to 0x00000034

Mladen Rakic:

There is a new MT 4 build that is forced upon us (/skipupdate does not work - as usual)

Once when you allow it - whatever you compile, it will not work any more. Take a test - use something that works, rename the source and compile it. The old (not compiled with new metaeditor) will work, the new will not work

PS: that will cause error when you download a source too - since it will incorrectly compile it. So, if you download something today and it does not work - do not ask the authors of the code to fix it - ... 😂

fantastic bug 🐛 😂😂😂

Hello, I posted a topic but someone told be me that this is the correct place. This is my original post about BUILD 1184.

"I am having problems with this new build, some of my custom indicators are not working in this new built. 

I am getting some "Access violation write xxxxxxxxx" from my custom indicators. 

Can anyone tell me how I remove this built and get the 1170 again?" 

Marta Gonzalez:

The new version of metatrader is giving this error in many of the indicators and that are compiled with the new version 

Error Access violation write to 0x00000034

That type of error happens when you do not use #property strict in the code

More or less, new build is messed up with buffers (on a random basis it simply does nt take care of buffers the way it must - frequently allocation to much for the buffer or not allocation buffer at all (size 0)). Even if you try to resize such buffer to correct values, it will not work

Mladen Rakic:

Thanks Mladen! Even found some of the built in custom mt4 files weren't working for me.Thanks Metatrader for nothing.

Reason: