Requests & Ideas - page 258

Hermo:
Hello mladen:

Thanks for your patience.

I mean the center line of the indicator, which gold paint color in the image.

BBMacd> Central Line = Histogram green.

BBMacd < Central Line = Histogram red.

Any question please let me know.

thank you very much

Hermo.

Hermo

Here is one version that does that

Files:
macd_bars.mq4  2 kb

Mladen,

I would like for you to help create 1) a version of macdcandlesadvanced to a tape histogram which shows neutral areas and trade areas and 2) push alerts for this new indicator when it is in the trade area, and when it gets into the neutral area. Thank you very much.

macdbarscandleadvanced2mtf.mq4

rayphua:
Mladen,

I would like for you to help create 1) a version of macdcandlesadvanced to a tape histogram which shows neutral areas and trade areas and 2) push alerts for this new indicator when it is in the trade area, and when it gets into the neutral area. Thank you very much.

macdbarscandleadvanced2mtf.mq4

rayphua

Here is a histogram version of that indicator. Alerts added too (on all 3 possible states of the indicator)

Files:

mladen:
rayphua Here is a histogram version of that indicator. Alerts added too (on all 3 possible states of the indicator)

Mladen, thank you!!!

Hi Mladen,

Do you know of any MTF trend indicator that can be back tested in strategy tester of MT4 ? Can you please post it here, if there're any ?

Thanks in advance,

pooh

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

Do you know of any MTF trend indicator that can be back tested in strategy tester of MT4 ? Can you please post it here, if there're any ?

Thanks in advance,

pooh

pooh

It seems that they have changed something in that backtest and now we can not use multi time frame indicators in backtest - I do not know when did they change this, but something is very wrong with this now. I am having a beta version of metatrader 4 too on my PC so I am not sure if it can interfere with build 509 - need to check that, but it seems that from last changes, if you are not calling indicator from an EA, it does not work in multi time frame mode (iBarShift() function returns completely wrong values all the time)

Mladen,

Could you please confirm: green and orange are the trade areas and gray is the neutral area? Where are the entry and exit points?

mladen:
rayphua Here is a histogram version of that indicator. Alerts added too (on all 3 possible states of the indicator)

Janusz123:
Mladen, Could you please confirm: green and orange are the trade areas and gray is the neutral area? Where are the entry and exit points?

Janusz

Yes, it is so (regarding colors)

As of entry and exit points (just one possible way of using) : if we follow the logic of applied to that indicator, then the entry points (or re-entry for the aggressive type of trading) could be when either trading zone appears and exit points could be when an opposite signal appears (for aggressive type of trading) or when neutral appears (for conservative type of trading).

Aggressive would mean that you would open multiple orders in the same direction while the conservative would be just one opened order at the same time

PS: I do not remember exactly who asked that the colors should be coded that way. Maybe better way of using it could be explained by the one that asked that particular kind of color coding

mladen:
Janusz

Yes, it is so (regarding colors)

As of entry and exit points (just one possible way of using) : if we follow the logic of applied to that indicator, then the entry points (or re-entry for the aggressive type of trading) could be when either trading zone appears and exit points could be when an opposite signal appears (for aggressive type of trading) or when neutral appears (for conservative type of trading).

Aggressive would mean that you would open multiple orders in the same direction while the conservative would be just one opened order at the same time

PS: I do not remember exactly who asked that the colors should be coded that way. Maybe better way of using it could be explained by the one that asked that particular kind of color coding

Yes, thanks mladen for the tip. I find it quite an interesting indicator because the gray area gives you an indication of a potential change of trend while the trade zone catches the most profitable part of the trend. When combined with a short and long moving averages it may result with a trading edge. Talking about multiple orders in the same direction, do you mean a few orders for different FX pairs or do you mean one order for one pair and then more orders added for this pair when the trend develops?

Janusz123:
Yes, thanks mladen for the tip. I find it quite an interesting indicator because the gray area gives you an indication of a potential change of trend while the trade zone catches the most profitable part of the trend. When combined with a short and long moving averages it may result with a trading edge. Talking about multiple orders in the same direction, do you mean a few orders for different FX pairs or do you mean one order for one pair and then more orders added for this pair when the trend develops?

Janusz

What I meant are multiple orders on te same symbol when the trend develops (for example you get a signal for a buy, then a neutral and then again a buy signal - in that case, using aggressive trading type, you would open two buy orders on both buy signals).

Reason: