Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 204

Metatrader should check what tradestation did with latest versions : I have an impression that metatrader will never be able to have that kind of coding language (and that kind of reliability)

sebastianK:
Metatrader should check what tradestation did with latest versions : I have an impression that metatrader will never be able to have that kind of coding language (and that kind of reliability)

Did not have a chance to try TS 9.5 but it seems that it will make a quantum leap that will make significant changes

mladen:
Did not have a chance to try TS 9.5 but it seems that it will make a quantum leap that will make significant changes

Took a look there and compared to metatrader : metatader looks like a toy now

techmac:
Took a look there and compared to metatrader : metatader looks like a toy now

Even that might be an overestimation. At least Toys can be used in some manner with high reliability. Not sure where to rank Metatrader for now. The current state just makes me want to

Wintersky

Lol. This week MT guys worked a lot. HE close a few old bugs. But better is this:

"Thank you for your message.

SERIES_BARS_COUNT, SERIES_FIRSTDATE, SERIES_SERVER_FIRSTDATE and SERIES_LASTBAR_DATE properties have been added (History Database Properties)."

braintheboss:
Lol. This week MT guys worked a lot. HE close a few old bugs. But better is this:

"Thank you for your message.

SERIES_BARS_COUNT, SERIES_FIRSTDATE, SERIES_SERVER_FIRSTDATE and SERIES_LASTBAR_DATE properties have been added (History Database Properties)."

:):)

Now they are in a phase to invent any un-necessary thing just to make it appear as if something new is done

techmac:
:):):) Now they are in a phase to invent any un-necessary thing just to make it appear as if something new is done

Unncessary? I started with MT5 and that features are good for control history downloaded or needed for download. Now we don't have nothing for control that and you need do a ugly hack simulating key pressing :O

braintheboss:
Unncessary? I started with MT5 and that features are good for control history downloaded or needed for download. Now we don't have nothing for control that and you need do a ugly hack simulating key pressing :O

Why not using FileOpenHistory() and FileReadStruct()?

That way no need to simulate anything and you get all the information you need (not just times)

techmac:
Why not using FileOpenHistory() and FileReadStruct()? That way no need to simulate anything and you get all the information you need (not just times)

Hacks never are the solution and that mql5 API have possibility to force download missing history. With hack you need simulate key for go back at chart. You need use win32 for things platform should have because if you can't control history then you have a unuseful platform...

braintheboss:
Hacks never are the solution and that mql5 API have possibility to force download missing history. With hack you need simulate key for go back at chart. You need use win32 for things platform should have because if you can't control history then you have a unuseful platform...

Those 2 functions are build in metatrader functions - no hacking. Normal mt functions (no need for dlls to be allowed either)

Reason: