Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 202

whisperer:
Just my 5 vents : not only that metatrader site is dying (take a look at English speaking part of metatrader site today) but everywhere around anything related to it is dying. I have heard that metatrader was trying to push itself into sites for free (with the "your business depends on us" - that is what they tried with FF and a couple of other forums) and that what we are seeing is a reaction to a blackmail that metatrader have tried.

Now, when they can not get a free advertisement all they can do is plant rumors. And a rumor about their future plans is hilarious - just read what were they promising when they started new metatrader 4 - and now, after 1.5 years, they are promising exactly the same and they are pretending to do something new. That is sad

When their memory does not reach longer than a few days back, their future is probably going to last the same - a few more months

whisperer

Where did you get that information (about the FF)?

mladen:
whisperer Where did you get that information (about the FF)?

It was mentioned at FF in one post

whisperer:
It was mentioned at FF in one post

Thanks

mladen:
Thanks

Why did you ask? Did they try the same thing on forex-tsd?

I emailed MetaQuotes to "hear it from the horse's mouth." This is what the response was:

"Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

There are no plans in place for discontinuing the MetaTrader 4 trading platform, on the other hand the platform is being updated on a regular basis. For the latest news please visit MetaTrader 4 news / MetaQuotes Software Corp.

MetaTrader 5 is a different platform offering multi-asset trading, is far more advanced with more tools for you to take advantage and I suggest to give it a try to see for yourself the difference and the benefits you will receive. You can download a demo of MetaTrader 5 client terminal from here.

If you would like to know about indicators we also suggest that you also visit our websites dedicated for traders MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader www.mql5.com"

madopter:
I emailed MetaQuotes to "hear it from the horse's mouth." This is what the response was:

"Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

There are no plans in place for discontinuing the MetaTrader 4 trading platform, on the other hand the platform is being updated on a regular basis. For the latest news please visit MetaTrader 4 news / MetaQuotes Software Corp.

MetaTrader 5 is a different platform offering multi-asset trading, is far more advanced with more tools for you to take advantage and I suggest to give it a try to see for yourself the difference and the benefits you will receive. You can download a demo of MetaTrader 5 client terminal from here.

If you would like to know about indicators we also suggest that you also visit our websites dedicated for traders MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader www.mql5.com"

So they are telling nothing. Nothing new from them. There is one thing they tell and completely different what they do

madopter:
I emailed MetaQuotes to "hear it from the horse's mouth."

The Horse's mouth was never trustworthy to begin with, said Wintersky trust-worthily

Wintersky

The usual metatader "communication"

Files:
mt.gif  6 kb

Everybody know MQ priority is new money features. And if old MT5 features blend to MT4 have a lot of bugs after many years of development, better not try think how many bugs will have new features and how they are emotionally involved in that shit

checkin:
That is simply the result of how much do we pay : metatrader is officially free for us, hence we do not own it, hence they can do what they want (adjusting it for the "needs" of their real customers). We are just turkeys that have to be made to believe that all is OK

Thanksgiving is coming; you know what happens to the turkeys on that day. The analogy is appropriate for traders as well.

Reason: