Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 197

In the mean time he did cause a reaction : mq guys are angry at comments like that

Joke of the century :

2014-10-29 18:00 GMT (or 19:00 MQ MT5 time)

This should tell us all

checkin:
Joke of the century : This should tell us all

The age of betaquarius :):)

checkin:
In the mean time he did cause a reaction : mq guys are angry at comments like that

About the current mess, I would like to think that the coders at MQ are not the ones at fault. From my limited personal experience alongside coders being at the client side, usually it is the either the client side or the management at the coding side who screw things up. In our case, it is fairly obvious that MT4 management is the ones behind this mess, by insisting inflexibly on datelines, budget, strategy and in prematurely revealing an incomplete and buggy program.

At the low rung part of the ladder, the poor souls taking the hit are just the coding guys who have to work like crazy to fix up the after-mess.

wintersky111:
About the current mess, I would like to think that the coders at MQ are not the ones at fault. From my limited personal experience alongside coders being at the client side, usually it is the either the client side or the management at the coding side who screw things up. In our case, it is fairly obvious that MT4 management is the ones behind this mess, by insisting inflexibly on datelines, budget, strategy and in prematurely revealing an incomplete and buggy program. At the low rung part of the ladder, the poor souls taking the hit are just the coding guys who have to work like crazy to fix up the after-mess.

wintersky111

You are probably right

But take a look at the code "examples" that metatrader is shipping with new metatrader 4. Those are written by their coders too. Not going to elaborate what is the problem, but before there were rosh and guys like that doing that type of coding. Whoever did it this time, is ages behind rosh and metatrader should revise that code promptly : it is not adding to any credibility that is left by now to spread that type of mql "code"

That looks like a code from their moderator. The guy does not know to code in metatarder 4. And if metatrader had to ask that moderator to code the examples they are in deep ...

techmac:
That looks like a code from their moderator. The guy does not know to code in metatarder 4. And if metatrader had to ask that moderator to code the examples they are in deep ...

That's so kind of you to understate the issue. The way MT4 looks right now is equal to my current MT4 coding skills

Some more alternatives for trading FX with Multicharts...

OANDA partners with trading platform MultiCharts | LeapRate

I am happy with Multicharts overall but switching over from MT4 has not been trivial.

hughesfleming:
Some more alternatives for trading FX with Multicharts...

OANDA partners with trading platform MultiCharts | LeapRate

I am happy with Multicharts overall but switching over from MT4 has not been trivial.

That is a good sign

Multicharts is not a game and when brokers like Oanda are including it then it starts to be serious

Multicharts is worth a look as it is broker independent but I would highly recommend the EasyLanguage compatible version over the .net version unless you are very comfortable in C#. There are really only two issues that I have found difficult and that is multi timeframe and limited drawing capability. You can do multi-timeframe and it is easy within its limits but don't expect it to work like MT4.

I would say that it took me five months to make the switch but I still have to have Metatrader running for certain things that can't be done at all. I certainly did not expect it to take me five months.

Reason: