Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 20

techmac:
Man I go to mql site every day just to see that there is nothing new. Even moderators there are complaining that they are not told anything at all about what is going on.

Look at the bright side of the whole thing : we still have metatrader 4 and we still are not forced to use something else

The longer the whole transition takes, the longer will metatrader 4 be in use by the brokers and users

mladen:
:)

Look at the bright side of the whole thing : we still have metatrader 4 and we still are not forced to use something else

The longer the whole transition takes, the longer will metatrader 4 be in use by the brokers and users

haven't thought of it that way

mladen:
chrisstoff They were talking about port 443 being blocked (probably by a firewall) as a sort of a problem. Could it be that (just doing a guessing game now)?

Thank you for your continuing support, Mladen.

Well, I tried to install the MT4 Setup version 5.0.0.842 by switching the firewall off a couple of days ago (when I was experimenting with the different possibilities) - there was no success. Then I added permission to MT4 Setup version 5.0.0.842 to run on my PC, the firewall included - no success. Now I put a new rule into the firewall settings (please see the image attached) - the result is the same: it asks for the proxy settings.

Hi Christoff,

Here are a couple more suggestions. First I assume that you are logged in as an administrator. If not open your Control Panel and set yourself up as an administrator. Remove your new version of Metatrader using Control Panel/Programs to uninstall it or install in another clean location. First start your Internet Explorer and under Tools, Internet Options, Internet Connections click Lan Settings and make sure Proxy is not checked or enabled, if it is, uncheck it, save it and reboot your system. Then right click on the downloaded exe and select Run as an Administrator.

If the internet Proxy is set, it could be that it is being used during the installation process which is why you are getting that message. Also by Running as an Administrator, this will transfer the Administrator rights to any programs that are run by the installation program.

Good Luck

Tzuman:
Hi Christoff,

Here are a couple more suggestions. First I assume that you are logged in as an administrator. If not open your Control Panel and set yourself up as an administrator. Remove your new version of Metatrader using Control Panel/Programs to uninstall it or install in another clean location. First start your Internet Explorer and under Tools, Internet Options, Internet Connections click Lan Settings and make sure Proxy is not checked or enabled, if it is, uncheck it, save it and reboot your system. Then right click on the downloaded exe and select Run as an Administrator.

If the internet Proxy is set, it could be that it is being used during the installation process which is why you are getting that message. Also by Running as an Administrator, this will transfer the Administrator rights to any programs that are run by the installation program.

Good Luck

Hi Tzuman,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Yes, I logged in as Administrator.

I dedicated a folder to my MT4 instances, other than C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4, in my case that is D:\MT4\ and currently I am trying to install this version of MT4 into d:\MT4\MT4_500864\ without success so far.

I checked the proxy settings in Internet Explorer: Proxy is not ticked.

Since I mainly use Firefox, I double checked Firefox settings too: "No proxi" is chosen.

Then I ran mt4setup.exe again, as Administrator of course. The result is the same: It asks for proxy settings.

I took a screenshot, please find it attached.

I would appreciate your further suggestions if you see any discrepancy in the settings or have any new idea.

chrisstoff:
Hi Tzuman,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Yes, I logged in as Administrator.

I dedicated a folder to my MT4 instances, other than C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4, in my case that is D:\MT4\ and currently I am trying to install this version of MT4 into d:\MT4\MT4_500864\ without success so far.

I checked the proxy settings in Internet Explorer: Proxy is not ticked.

Since I mainly use Firefox, I double checked Firefox settings too: "No proxi" is chosen.

Then I ran mt4setup.exe again, as Administrator of course. The result is the same: It asks for proxy settings.

I took a screenshot, please find it attached.

I would appreciate your further suggestions if you see any discrepancy in the settings or have any new idea.

Put on firewall a rule for terminal.exe, after MT4 is installed.

Set a outbound and a inbound rule as well, MT4 needs to communicate both ways.

Hi Chrisstoff,

Your screen shot looks good to me. I'm sure that you posted it but could you tell me where you got the installation exe and I will download it and try on my system. Perhaps, I may see something during the installation.

Tzuman

Hello,

Christoff, try another demo, of a crap broker, fxdd, mbt, ibfx, etc

Or try to uninstall completely your firewall and change it. One time my zone alarm has blocked completely one of my games (planetside 2).

Comodo is running fine

Damned computer problems

Enforcer:
Put on firewall a rule for terminal.exe, after MT4 is installed. Set a outbound and a inbound rule as well, MT4 needs to communicate both ways.

Enforcer,

Thank you for the advice.

The firewall rules are set for terminal.exe since several instances of different Metatraders have been running on that PC. All the earlier versions can install without any issue. During installation mt4setup.exe wants to communicate with the remote server. The firewall rule is set for mt4setup.exe too.

Tzuman:
Hi Chrisstoff,

Your screen shot looks good to me. I'm sure that you posted it but could you tell me where you got the installation exe and I will download it and try on my system. Perhaps, I may see something during the installation.

Tzuman

Hi Tzuman,

Thank you for your helpfulness.

I tried two different setup files. One of them from Alpari UK. I uploaded the file here and the actual one can be downloaded from Alpari.

The other one is from Metaquotes. I also uploaded it here and you can download the current version from Forex Trading Platform MetaTrader 4.

One more piece of information: I use Wndows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operation system and F-Secure Internet Security 2013 as antivirus and firewall software and this calls Windows firewall.

Hope you will be successful and can find out what the problem is.

Reason: