Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 16

techmac:
It is the 3rd month since they announced those changes. Since then there was only 1 (one) update. It does not seem like something serious so far

Checking everyday, and really no new information at all (not even on Russian forum - and they used to talk much more about those changes there). Frankly, this is too silent

Way too silent now that they should work 101%

Oh, they are working ...

Metatrader 5 got updated today too - it mates ate least 5th or 6th upgrade in a short time, so they are working - on metatrader 5

mladen:
Oh, they are working ... Metatrader 5 got updated today too - it mates ate least 5th or 6th upgrade in a short time, so they are working - on metatrader 5

Makes sense to me. I have suspected all along that MT45 was using MT5 or C++ by applying a translator on the MT4 executable. If they found a critical bug in MT45, they probably have to fix the base first, MT5. Once finished, then work on MT45 Terminal, HOPEFULLY. This is really beginning to feel like an Alpha or a Prototype version, not the finished product.

BTW Is there any good reference material on MT5? I just finished a 2,000 line conversion using the new MetaEditor and have 44 critical errors, all representing calls to a converted library and nearly 100 warnings about type conversions.

Tzuman:
Makes sense to me. I have suspected all along that MT45 was using MT5 or C++ by applying a translator on the MT4 executable. If they found a critical bug in MT45, they probably have to fix the base first, MT5. Once finished, then work on MT45 Terminal, HOPEFULLY. This is really beginning to feel like an Alpha or a Prototype version, not the finished product. BTW Is there any good reference material on MT5? I just finished a 2,000 line conversion using the new MetaEditor and have 44 critical errors, all representing calls to a converted library and nearly 100 warnings about type conversions.

You are right : open a metatrader 4 source file from metatrader 5 and it will be able to compile metatrader 4 file too now. Also if ask for help it will automatically switch help files for metatrader 4 and 5 (depending on the file type)

As of reference material : I am not aware of such. Battling through help

It seems to be obvious now that they are implementing all in metatrader 5 and that it is going to be used as a working environment for metatrader 4/5. Two quotes from last updates list for metatrader 5

The works on using the single compiler and MQL5 IDE for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 are underway
Improving the security of application codes in MetaTrader 4 New EX4/EX5 files are provided with a serious and completely revised protection, as compared to the old EX4.

And again it is repeated that the ex4 will not have byte code any more but native code instead

mladen:
It seems to be obvious now that they are implementing all in metatrader 5 and that it is going to be used as a working environment for metatrader 4/5.

Hi MLaden,

Just wondering, have you tried executing MT4 code in the latest MT5 terminal? Might be very interesting.

Tzuman:
Hi MLaden, Just wondering, have you tried executing MT4 code in the latest MT5 terminal? Might be very interesting.

Tried but it still does not allow it (it simply ignores ex4 in metatrader 5)

mladen:
Tried but it still does not allow it (it simply ignores ex4 in metatrader 5)

Maybe it's currently a command line option like Terminal -MT4 or Terminal /MT4 or maybe EX4.

Tzuman:
Maybe it's currently a command line option like Terminal -MT4 or Terminal /MT4 or maybe EX4.

:):)

In a hacking mood?

What I noticed is the following : it (metatrader 5) already compiles the code in a different format. That format is not recognized by metatrader 4 (the current version) and it deletes it from the the folder if you place an executive version. Also, in beta version the editor shows build 845 while in metatrader 5 it already is showing build 858 - so it might be a case of temporary incompatibilities

PS: the new metatrader 4 ex4 generated by metatrader 5 is already protected as far as I see (attaching one and you will see that it is completely different from the current ex4 format)

Files:
Reason: