Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 21

Big Joe:
Hello,

Christoff, try another demo, of a crap broker, fxdd, mbt, ibfx, etc

Or try to uninstall completely your firewall and change it. One time my zone alarm has blocked completely one of my games (planetside 2).

Comodo is running fine

Damned computer problems

Hello Big Joe,

Thank you for the advice.

Practically I resolved the problem by installing an earlier version of Metatrader (I think it was Build 432 or earlier). That one installed smoothly and then I allowed it to update to Build 509 and it did without any issue.

I have problem with the current 5.0.0.864 setup version and thought it is problem to anyone else too but now it seems it is a problem only for me on that certain PC.

Yes, Comodo is OK, I have been using it on one of the other machines.

Have a pipfilled week

Maybe time to buy a fresh ssd, and put windows on it.

It is close to 3 months now since the first post in this thread

All starts to remind too much to the metatrader 5 story. Seems that they are missing yet another chance to do something good. Pitty

From what I see they are preparing to make them equal (they are going to introduce OnTester() and similar functions in metatarder 4). And that means just one thing : they are going to kill metatrader 4

So, no new version of metatrader before new year?

The usual

According to the latest news, in a few days a a closed beta testing for limited number of betatesters will start and that test should last for at least 1 month.

Re-reading the posts from Renat and the situation is following : closed beta testing is starting in a couple of days. After that, the next step will be open beta testing and that step will last at least 1 month. So, yes, if all goes as they are planing, it seems that the alpha version will not be ready before new year

So I was right

techmac:
So I was right

Considering that at the start of this whole thing it was "a few weeks" and that currently it is an additional "(undefined) period of closed beta testing + at least one month of public beta testing" I would say yes, you were right

Sounds like spring to me. If the beta tests close by year end, they surely will require a month or more to fix the problems identified in the Betas before releasing the Alpha. Aren't we going in reverse? Betas before Alphas?

Reason: