Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 22

Tzuman:
Sounds like spring to me. If the beta tests close by year end, they surely will require a month or more to fix the problems identified in the Betas before releasing the Alpha. Aren't we going in reverse? Betas before Alphas?

:):)

That is the way it goes with metatrader

First they released what is a total alpha and called it a beta (the version that is available right now - an editor and a compiler without a terminal). Now they are starting what should be called an alpha testing (for the closed number of testers) and they call it a beta again. Then they are going to release something again and they will call it beta but judging from experience so far, it will be some kind of an alpha again

I guess that we all should wait for some "zeta" version when metatrader is concerned

Guys

I think we are going to wait for quite some time before a usable new metatrader 4 sees a light of a day

techmac:
Guys I think we are going to wait for quite some time before a usable new metatrader 4 sees a light of a day

Oh, there will be a new version. Eventually

The problem is if it will be what we are expecting it to be or not. And when it comes to metatrader and bad surprises, nothing is impossible.

I decided that instead of waiting for the new metatrader I start slowly with my old preferred one. This is becoming all too much recognizable (and metaquotes can be predicted, unlike some markets)

The only news today so far is that at metaquotes site users are starting to notice that a couple of weeks became dozens of weeks too. Other than that, nothing else is new

By the time anything usable comes it will be a year

techmac:
By the time anything usable comes it will be a year

If they keep the downward compatibility then it will be worth a wait,. If on the other hand the a lot of conversion will be required (or a complete rewrites) than it will be a waste of time. I can not say that I like the editor that I could test (all the errors that metatrader 5 has are there, including not an error but nonsense that the help view can not be docked into editor window) but lets wait regarding new metarader 4. If we start guessing than the version that will appear eventually will for sure not be the same as our guesses

Seems that a thread about changes in a new metatrader 4 at metaquotes site is becoming a "traders joking" thread

Files:
mql.gif  6 kb

techmac:
Seems that a thread about changes in a new metatrader 4 at metaquotes site is becoming a "traders joking" thread

That was logical - if you leave the people wait too long, they will invent all sorts of ... things

Judging from the speed of new versions release, by Christmas we can have a whole collection of posts like that there

Reason: