Download MetaTrader 5

MT4 installation need Proxy setting

To add comments, please log in or register
parham.trader
parham.trader  

Hi friends,

I'm trying to install MT4 platform of different brokers and I faced a problem during installation. 

I just installed metatrader 4 of some brokers without any problem but for some others at the final stage of the installation a window popup and requires me to enter the proxy server options, as shown in the image below:

I searched about the issue and there were some solutions regarding the matter such as turning of the anti virus or turning off the firewall and etc. I'v implemented all mentioned solutions without any success. So I'd appreciate if anybody could guide me on how to solve the problem.

Thanking in advance for your time

parham.trader
parham.trader  
parham.trader:

Hi friends,

I'm trying to install MT4 platform of different brokers and I faced a problem during installation. 

I just installed metatrader 4 of some brokers without any problem but for some others at the final stage of the installation a window popup and requires me to enter the proxy server options, as shown in the image below:

I searched about the issue and there were some solutions regarding the matter such as turning of the anti virus or turning off the firewall and etc. I'v implemented all mentioned solutions without any success. So I'd appreciate if anybody could guide me on how to solve the problem.

Thanking in advance for your time

Any idea on the issue ?

I'm not sure whether I had to ask this issue in this forum or I should ask it somewhere else.

your kind guidance on the matter is highly appreciated.

kypa
kypa  

Probably broker server ping is too high and setup acknowledges it as no connection. You can install one setup into multiple directories and manually change the icon, terminal.exe is the same file. You can use one terminal instance for all MT4 brokers, in file/open account you can search for broker server and after that find it in file/login to account.

You can ask Service Desk for an actual answer, of course.

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

Maybe it's windows XP, or Linux, or it could be MAC.

Those usually have that problem but you didn't specify any of it so it's a guessing game really.

parham.trader
parham.trader  
Marco vd Heijden:

Those usually have that problem but you didn't specify any of it so it's a guessing game really.

I'm using windows 10.

Previously, I've installed the same MT4 platform successfully on windows 7 by using the installation files that I'm currently struggling with them on windows 10.

kypa
kypa  
Marco vd Heijden:

It's the horrible white hospital-like interface of the latest Microsoft abomination.

I guess it's the broker server because some installations went through. Could be other things, of course, including some "genius" "innovation" in W10. In fact there was one blocking MT5 start recently.

parham.trader
parham.trader  

It seems that there is no absolute reason for this problem and even no absolute solution for this issue. Really disappointing.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
parham.trader:

It seems that there is no absolute reason for this problem and even no absolute solution for this issue. Really disappointing.

You have to write to the ServiceDesk for such things.
parham.trader
parham.trader  
Alain Verleyen:
You have to write to the ServiceDesk for such things.

I'll do so.

I didn't know about this capability, thank you for the guidance.

To add comments, please log in or register