How do I uninstall MT5?

I downloaded MT5 and then found out that the service I was going to use said that MT5 didn't have all the functions they needed, but MT4 does.

When I tried uninstalling it, I was told that I didn't have enough access to uninstall. I tried running Uninstall in the MT5 subdirectory "as Administrator" but got the same message.

How do I uninstall MT5?

Bill 

It depends on your Windows ... but you can go to Control Panel and uninstall

I uninstall and install many times (XP and 8) and not a problem

oneoleguy:

I downloaded MT5 and then found out that the service I was going to use said that MT5 didn't have all the functions they needed, but MT4 does.

When I tried uninstalling it, I was told that I didn't have enough access to uninstall. I tried running Uninstall in the MT5 subdirectory "as Administrator" but got the same message.

How do I uninstall MT5?

Same as for MT4:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/123970/page2#809685
metatrader not uninstalling - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
metatrader not uninstalling - MQL4 forum

Hi RaptorUK,

The link to the Service desk brought me back to here. I used Option 2, right click on the "uninstall.exe" file. No password has ever been requested.

Newdigital,

I am running Win 7 Pro 64 bit. The control panel  uninstall and running uninstall "as Administrator" are producing the same message...You don't have sufficient access to uninstall Meta Trader 5.

Is it possible that it a Microsoft problem and not Meta Trader's?

PS The installer installed the 64 bit version! I'm surprised. 

oneoleguy:

Hi RaptorUK,

The link to the Service desk brought me back to here. I used Option 2, right click on the "uninstall.exe" file. No password has ever been requested.

Try the other options . . .

oneoleguy,

Administrator is having sufficient access. I think - you installed MT5 as admin of your Windows ... and for now - you should uninstall it as admin too.

Is it possible that it a Microsoft problem and not Meta Trader's?

It is not a problem of Metatrader

I used Option 2, right click on the "uninstall.exe" file

left mouse click ... right mouse click is used to 'run as administrator'

oneoleguy:

How do I uninstall MT5?

Bill 

Hi me,

I found out how by using IOBit' Uninstaller!

Bill 

Reason: