Automated Trading Championship 2012 Has Started! - page 7

Interview with Lu Enbo (luenbo)

"Be sure to participate in the Automated Trading Championships, where you can get a truly invaluable experience!" - this is the motto of contestant Enbo Lu (luenbo) from China. He appeared in the TOP-10 of Automated Trading Championship 2012 last week and is now consistently trying to reach the podium.

Hello Enbo. Please tell us a little about yourself, how you got to the Championship and what ties you with algorithmic trading.

I have a master degree in communication engineering and a major in signal and information processing. I live in Shanghai. Now, I am working in a mobile communication corporation. Trading is one of my hobbies. I also like swimming and reading in my spare time. It was about two years ago when I opened my first account to trade FX. Soon I found it was time and spirit consuming when trading manually, so I started to think about using robots to automate trader's daily job.

It was that time I learned about MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. And I find it is amazing that anyone can get whatever knowledge he wants to design a trading strategy in your site and forum. Since I am very familiar with C and C++, so there were no difficulties in learning MQL4 and MQL5.

I also want to note the Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners article which was very useful to me at the beginning. In fact, your site has a lot of easy to understand articles that will be useful to any newbie developer of trading strategies.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Lu Enbo (luenbo).

Interview with Sergey Pankratyev (s75)

The Championship is coming to an end leaving us with vivid impressions of many unusual trading strategies. However, the trading robot of Sergey Pankratyev (s75) is showing really peculiar things - it is trading all 12 currency pairs opening only long positions. Interviewing the developer of this Expert Advisor, we found out that this is not an error but just a response to some certain market conditions.

Speaking about the risks, if your Expert Advisor had traded with twice as large volume, would it have come first or would not have survived till the competition end?

The greater the risk, the greater the likelihood of both rises and falls. My objective is not to fly too high but to test another version of my trading robot. I have taken the most acceptable risks (according to the test results).

It is believed that a good strategy must be simple. But don't you think that your strategy is too simple to be true? Well, let those who think it to be simple develop something similar and try to receive better results.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Sergey Pankratyev (s75).

Automated Trading Championship 2012: Statistical Report #2

The last hours of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 are coming to an end. Soon, we will find out who will share the prize fund of $80 000. In the meanwhile, let's recall the first two months of the competition and make analysis in our traditional Statistical Report #2.

This report contains the data based on the competition robots' trading operations performed from October 1 up to November 31. We will analyze the deals by involved symbols and groups of multicurrency and simple Expert Advisors.

Read the full article on the Championship's website - Statistical Report #2.

Imagine the nail biting that goes on now

Files:
state.gif  47 kb

The Automated Trading Championship 2012 Is Over!

13 weeks of persistent and exciting struggle in the Automated Trading Championship 2012 are over and the winners already can celebrate their victory! All Expert Advisors have been stopped and it is time to announce the final results.

For many weeks, we have covered the course of the competition events publishing interesting articles, statistical reports and exciting interviews with the most successful developers. Someone has managed to earn fame among thousands of traders, while someone has ended in a fiasco but received invaluable experience and knowledge. We congratulate everyone on the completion of the ATC 2012 and honor the winners!

Read the full article on the Championship's website - The Automated Trading Championship 2012 Is Over!

Literally it was the last trade. One is on its way down, the other took orders that would make your hair gray if it was on your live account. All the same as previous years

Conclusion over 6 years championship

HI Everyone and especially all those who followed this contest quite closely and have the feeling that they would like to put their hands on some of these EA's.

The reason I make this posting is to explain to those who have the feeling of missing something ( an EA) that the winners of this contest do have.

DON'T BE JEALOUS. DON'T THINK THAT THEY (the winners) HAVE SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE.

This metaquotes championship is very strong in making all sort of calculations and statistics on the results of each contestant .

I made a statistic that will will help you A LOT MORE then ALL THE STATISTICS that metaquotes has made over all those years (with the enormous help of the metaquotes championship).

2006 the winner RICH, 2007 N/A , 2008 -80% , 2010 -60% , 2012 -34%

2007 the winner BETTER, 2008 -22% , 2010 -11% , 2011 -64%, 2012 -16%

2008 the winner LILIPUT, 2010 N/A , 2011 -90% , 2012 -2%

2010 the winner BOBSLEY , 2011 -50% , 2012 +170%

2011 2nd place TIM ( the winner of last year did not participate this year so I took the 2nd place) 2012 -14%

What does this list show you and what proof does it give you ?...That none of these winners were able to be consistent in their profits or results.

They were VERY lucky over some period of time (the contest lasts only 3 months) and every year that someone was a winner thousands of people wanted to have their EA. They (the winners) had a whole year (or several years) to improve their EA even more but they could never show that they had a solid and robust system that would work consistently.

The very important element that this metaquotes EA championship proves is that you need to be extremely LUCKY over a 3 month period. In other words this championships is the next best thing to a lottery. And that you do not need to envy any of those participants nor want to lay your hands on any of those EA's.

By the way keep those results in mind if you ever encounter someone that wants to sell you an commercial EA. if they show you an extreme result over a short period of time, just be patient for an other 6 months and wait to see what their EA does in the next following 6 months. It will most likely save you more money then make you money.

Friendly regards

FXiGoR

Interview with Alexey Masterov (reinhard)

We do our best to introduce all the leading Championship Participants to our audience in reasonable time. To achieve that, we closely monitor the most promising contestants in our TOP-10 and arrange interviews with them. However, the sharp rise of Alexey Masterov (reinhard) up to the third place has become a real surprise!

Alexey, your Expert Advisor burst into TOP-10 during the last week. What position did it occupy before that? It came 11th during the twelfth week. My Expert Advisor did not show any impressive results during the first two months. It fell down to 300th position and even lower. Frankly, there were no reasons to be too optimistic at the time. But the hope remained, of course.

The final third place must have taken you aback. It is the first time in the Championship's history that the Participant enters TOP-3 so unexpectedly. Yes, it came as a surprise for me. Although I believed that my Expert Advisor is a promising one, the circumstances could have been unfavorable preventing my trading robot from showing its power. My Expert Advisor is designed for trends and the market was favorable to it during the last two weeks, especially when the traded symbol opened with a gap after December 25.

Read the full text of the interview on the website of the Championship - Interview with Alexey Masterov (reinhard).

Winners of the Automated Trading Championship 2012

The Automated Trading Championship 2012 is over. In a bitter struggle three best trading robots were identified. These EAs brought their creators a well-deserved reward: cash prizes and souvenirs. By tradition, we give the floor to the winners.

The first place has been won by Francisco Garcia Garcia from Spain. His trading robot finished with balance of $54,470. For the first time in the history of our Championships multicurrency EA is on the top of the pedestal. Francisco won the award for "The first place in the Automated Trading Championship 2012" and $40,000. An excellent debut!

The second place with minimum difference in balance is taken by Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar from the USA, who was the leader until the last few days of the Championship. For many years he has been participating our Automated Trading Championships. The fifth attempt was successful, and Juan gets the well-deserved award for "The second place in the Automated Trading Championship 2012" and $ 25,000.

The third place in swift rise was taken by Alexey Masterov from Russia. His Expert Advisor auspiciously burst into the TOP-10 in the last days of competition and got bronze for its creator. Alexey gets the award for "The third place in the Automated Trading Championship 2012" and $ 15,000.

Read the full article on the Championship's website - Winners of the Automated Trading Championship 2012.

Reason: