Automated Trading Championship 2012 Has Started! - page 2

It seems that interviews are fatal for participants : as soon as they are interviewed, their EA goes loosing. Conclusion : avoid interviews till it is end

Automated Trading Championship 2012: First Week Minutes

Let us introduce you a brief statistics on the first week of the Automated Trading Championship 2012. Numeric data is presented in a convenient visual form. You will find the number of deals at all currency pairs and trading results for each of them.

Brief reports on trading operations for all 12 currency pairs will be published weekly. Each report will take just a few minutes to read it over.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Championship's First Week Minutes.

Follow the Participants via Signals

Another innovative MetaTrader 5 service called Signals has been launched recently. Now anyone can easily become a Provider and sell Signals or subscribe to them and follow the strategy of an experienced trader.

Signals can be monitored both from MQL5.community and via trading terminals. All signal providers are thoroughly checked giving subscribers some confidence when selecting a trading strategy for copying its signals on the subscriber's trading account.

Subscription Advantages So, what lies behind the two clicks you need to make? Here is a small list of the main advantages:

• No need to conclude an agreement between a provider and an investor.
  • Copying of trading operations is fully automated. Your intervention is not required.
  • A Signals provider and a Subscriber may have accounts at different brokerage companies.
  • Ultrafast data exchange protocols greatly reduce orders execution delays on a Subscriber's account.
  • Data transmission is absolutely secure.
  • No additional broker commissions.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Follow the Participants via Signals.

Second Week: Only Two Members of the Previous TOP-10 Remain

The second week is over. However, real Championship leaders are not determined yet. In the meantime, spectators actively make their numerous forecasts immediately turning their attention to the new members of the first TOP-10.

It is impossible to speculate on the future winners at this early stage, but everyone can subscribe to the Signals of any participant and try a new service on a demo account. This experience will be useful not only to you but also to the Championship Organizers.

Only two members of the first week's TOP-10 have remained among the leaders after 5 trading days. They are Crucian and SAFF occupying 8th and 10th places respectively.

Read the full article on the Championship's website - Second Week: Only Two Members of the Previous TOP-10 Remain.

Interview with Francisco García García (chuliweb)

Francisco, tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from and what do you do?

I'm from a small town Huéscar near Granada. I have a degree in Computer Science at the University of Granada and work by vocation as a school teacher. I enjoy my profession. I have registered at the MQL5.community to participate in the Championship as I wanted to test myself.

So you have some experience in programming?

Yes, I write in many languages: C, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, ASP, LISP.While knowing the general principles well enough, it is not difficult to understand the features of a particular language. Each one of them fits its own range of tasks, you just need to choose the right tool.

Read the full article on the Championship's website - Interview with Francisco García García (chuliweb).

Interview with Alexander Prishchenko (Crucian)

What can be more complicated than a multicurrency trading robot? Surely, it is an automated strategy based on Elliott Wave Principle. Can we imagine something more complicated than that? Yes, we can. It is a multicurrency Expert Advisor using Elliott Waves on each currency pair! Alexander Prishchenko (Crucian) believes that even a newcomer can learn the rules. It is the third week already as his simple (as he says) Expert Advisor occupies TOP-10.

How long did it take to understand the basics of trading?

There was a period of study, but not a long one. I bought Pound, opened the terminal a week later and found a fabulous sum on my trading account. )) I deposited a few dollars to my account and made some good trading until the Swiss National Bank performed currency intervention. I even started a forum thread about it because the price had jumped 200 points high.

Quite an exciting start. Have you studied some special materials?

I have studied Elliott Wave Principle. I am trying to follow it right now. I tried to invent my own rules at first but then I realized that everything has been invented before us. So, I just need to thoroughly examine the theory and follow it to succeed. Of course, you also need to use your own experience, as the market is constantly changing.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Alexander Prishchenko (Crucian).

Championship's Second Week Minutes

Minutes of the Bank of England actuate GBP, minutes of the Bank of Japan actuate JPY, while Championship minutes actuate interesting information. As we have promised, we present brief statistics on the trading results of the second week of the Automated Trading Championship 2012.

Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals, profits and losses at each currency pair, as well as the average result of each trading deal.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Championship's Second Week Minutes.

Automated Trading Championship 2012: Third Week - Current Leaders Identified

The third week of the Championship has not changed our TOP-10 significantly. Seven participants out of ten ones have remained in the list. The first two places are still occupied by ROMAN5 and JPAlonso. However, they have switched places and their trading accounts have increased.

Most currency pairs showed a trend on H4 last week with a slight turn on Wednesday. It seems that such a behavior is quite suitable for the current leaders. Most of them trade EURUSD. USDCAD has turned out to be the most unstable pair. This is the pair traded by AlexRod (Russia). It is perhaps for this reason that his trading robot has left TOP-10.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Third Week: Current Leaders Identified.

ATC 2012: Interview with Egidijus Bockus (Egidijus)

"I examined many indicators before realizing that they are not necessary for making money on Forex" - our present interviewee Egidijus Bockus (Egidijus) told us boldly. We have all reasons to take his words seriously, as his Expert Advisor occupies the third place with more than $32 000 beginning from the third week of the Automated Trading Championship 2012.

Hello, Egidijus! Tell us a little about yourself. Hello! I live and work in Lithuania. I received a degree in economics.I've been installing, programming and consulting in the area of business management systems for 15 years. I have also created and adapted special financial modules for manufacturing business.

It is the fourth year already that I've been working on Forex. I have reviewed the work of more than 1 000 various Forex indicators and robots. I have revealed the principles of the profitable automated trading and developed ForexTraderisPro program based on several different strategies. I constantly develop new profitable strategies and enhance my program trying to increase profit and reduce investment risks.How did you start your Forex activity? Was it your education that sparked your interest in this market? Yes, probably. I studied shares and options at the university. I traded them for some time and then switched to more stable work. Four years ago I became interested in that again but I wanted to try the more liquid Forex market that time.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Egidijus Bockus (Egidijus).

Automated Trading Championship 2012: Championship's Third Week Minutes

We continue to publish our brief weekly reports displaying dynamics of the Championship currency pairs. Pound and Yen are main "heroes" of our today's Minutes. We present statistical data on trading results shown by the Championship's participants during the third week.

Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals, profits and losses at each currency pair, as well as the average result of each trading deal.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Championship's Third Week Minutes.

Reason: