Automated Trading Championship 2012 Has Started! - page 6

ATC 2012: Forecasts from Roman Zamozhnyy (Rich) or Tales from the Crypt 3

Only two weeks have left before the end of the Championship. It's time to evaluate the accuracy of the previous forecast again and try to predict the course of events this week. It may seem surprising, but Eureqa's forecast has turned out to be considerably worse than Excel's one. However, there is no reason to be sad about that, as we will try another instrument - Deductor from BaseGroup or, to be more precise, its free version called DeductorAcademic.

This article reveals the forecast made by Roman Zamozhnyy (Rich) for each of the TOP-10 members for the remaining part of the Championship.

Read the full article on the Championship's website - Forecasts from Roman Zamozhnyy (Rich) or Tales from the Crypt 3.

Interview with Mariusz Zarnowski (zrn)

As December 28 is approaching, the list of leaders of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 is becoming clearer. With only two weeks to go until the end of the Championship, Mariusz Zarnowski (zrn) from Poland stands a good chance to be in the top three. His multi-currency Expert Advisor has already demonstrated how it can triple the initial deposit in just a couple of weeks. Mariusz is taking part in the Championship for the fourth time and has shared his exciting experiences with us in the below interview.

How did you got into trading in the Forex market?

That was in 2006, if I am not mistaken. While looking for a job in the Internet, I came across a website that described the rules of market trading with leverage. I found it interesting and decided to give it a try.

My first encounter with algorithmic trading was a few months later. I then got carried away even more, especially with the thought of being able to trade automatically using a robot. After a while, in 2007, I learned about the Automated Trading Championship and participated in it with one of my first robots. In about a year, when I gained some experience and start-up capital, I opened a real account.

Read the full text of the interview on the website of the Championship - Interview with Mariusz Zarnowski (zrn).

Championship's Eleventh Week Minutes

Automated Trading Championship 2012 is coming to an end, and we present you some statistical data on the eleventh week in our Championship Minutes! The main event of the week is "restart" at GBPJPY. On the contrary, USDJPY still shows signs of "stagnation".

Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals, profits and losses at each currency pair, as well as the average return of each trading deal.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Championship's Eleventh Week Minutes.

Interview with Ruslan Ziyatdinov (rusland1962)

The Championship keeps providing us with new discoveries, as well as new interesting Participants and unusual ideas implemented in the competition trading robots. While interviewing Ruslan Ziyatdinov rusland1962), we learned about his simple approach to trading and found out why it is better to trade less frequently.

Hello, Ruslan! It is the first time you are participating in the Championship and you are already close enough to a winning position. Where are you from and how long do you deal with the automated trading?

I live in the Far North in Khanymey village of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug. I started developing Expert Advisors a year ago after I tried to trade manually using the terminal of VTB24 Bank called onlinebroker. Then VTB24 offered MetaTrader 5 platform. While using the platform, I also had some MQL5 programming experience. At first, I did not have enough knowledge, as I was not quite good at C++. My daughter Elvira, who is a programmer and mathematician graduated from Tomsk university, helped me to master all the peculiarities of the language.

First of all, I tried to generate Expert Advisors and test them. Then I decided to develop trading robots following my own mathematical models. I selected the Expert Advisor based on ATR and started to improve it. As a result, I had about 15 Expert Advisors based on various models at the beginning of the Championship. I have chosen the most reliable of them according to the test results. However, the final optimization has been performed on a light-duty netbook, as I was on vacation that time having a rest in one of the Altai health resorts. Therefore, the number of test passes was small. Now, I use the remarkable function of the strategy tester – connect all available home PCs to perform optimization works. That helped me to increase productivity as much as eight times.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Ruslan Ziyatdinov (rusland1962).

Twelfth Week - Rise of Multicurrency Trading Robots

The twelfth week of the Championship has turned out to be quite an eventful time. The leading position changed hands making it impossible to predict the winners of the Automated Trading Championship 2012. Besides, for the first time, half of the TOP-10 is occupied by multicurrency Expert Advisors.

It is not the first time that the position of JPAlonso (USA) is worsening. However, each time he was able to regain his losses, although the gap between him and his rivals has been steadily reducing. On Thursday, December 20, it seemed that all predictions of his downfall have finally come true, as his trading robot has temporarily found itself on the fourth position letting chuliweb, FIFO and SAFF occupy the TOP-3. But EURUSD has entered the phase of technical correction on Friday after the rapid growth bringing the current leader back to the first position.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website: Twelfth Week - Rise of Multicurrency Trading Robots.

I wonder how is that JPAlonso EA going to do 1 month from now. Looking at that equity curve, the direction is a steady down from the peak it reached once, not a recovery

MetaQuotes:
The twelfth week of the Championship has turned out to be quite an eventful time. The leading position changed hands making it impossible to predict the winners of the Automated Trading Championship 2012. Besides, for the first time, half of the TOP-10 is occupied by multicurrency Expert Advisors.

It is not the first time that the position of JPAlonso (USA) is worsening. However, each time he was able to regain his losses, although the gap between him and his rivals has been steadily reducing. On Thursday, December 20, it seemed that all predictions of his downfall have finally come true, as his trading robot has temporarily found itself on the fourth position letting chuliweb, FIFO and SAFF occupy the TOP-3. But EURUSD has entered the phase of technical correction on Friday after the rapid growth bringing the current leader back to the first position.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website: Twelfth Week - Rise of Multicurrency Trading Robots.

Forecasts from Roman Zamozhnyy (Rich) or Tales from the Crypt 4

The time has come to publish the last forecast for the leading trading robots of the Automated Trading Championship 2012. I should apologize to my English-speaking readers for using the entirely Russian-language tool in my previous forecast. This time, we will use the ultimate forecasting tool - the special environment for statistical data processing provided with its own R programming language.

This article reveals the forecast made by Roman Zamozhnyy (Rich) for each of the TOP-10 members for the remaining part of the Championship.

Read the full article on the Championship's website - Forecasts from Roman Zamozhnyy (Rich) or Tales from the Crypt 4".

Championship's Twelfth Week Minutes

Only one week has left before the end of the sixth annual competition of trading robots - Automated Trading Championship 2012! We will be able to name the winners very soon. In the meantime, let us provide you with some food for thought presenting the new batch of statistics on the last week.

Here you will know about the distribution of the number of deals, profits and losses at each currency pair, as well as the average return of each trading deal.

The full text of the news can be found on the Championship's website - Championship's Twelfth Week Minutes.

And it will turn out that an EA with this "equity curve" will win :

Any comment because I don't have any ?

Files:
winner.gif  17 kb

Banzai for the end And it even trades JPY

seekers:
And it will turn out that an EA with this "equity curve" will win :

Any comment because I don't have any ?
Reason: