Automated Trading Championship 2012: Interview with Sergey Abramov (26405)

The trading robot of Sergey Abramov (26405) is staying in TOP-10 since the second week. However, it caused much anxiety for its developer. As it turned out, the robot contains a small error in position close block. The robot has been developed almost exclusively on the basis of the past years' results.
Sergey Abramov (26405) - Participant of the Automated Trading Championship 2012

So, you have selected the Expert Advisor and the strategy most fitting to the Championship conditions. What were the development criteria?

$60 000 were enough to finish the Championship in TOP-10 during the previous competitions (the tenth Participant had $62 000 on his account in 2008). Therefore, it is not much of an interest to submit an Expert Advisor having less potential profitability. I used this value as the lowest one when testing my trading robot. Of course, it would be better to set the highest possible goal (Liliput made 220K on December 17, 2008). Perhaps, I will do that on the next Championship.

Let's try to guess the possible final result of this year's winner. Any ideas?

If we analyze the previous results, we can see that an Expert Advisor leading the pack the major part of the competition with a significant gap wins in most cases. The main thing for the current leader is to make fewer mistakes. The second place is far less predictable according to the past experience. The Expert Advisors are located not far from each other. The Participants currently occupying positions 2-4 will fight for the second and third places. However, predictions are a thankless occupation, and my chances to predict something correctly are even fewer than that of a weather presenter. :)

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Sergey Abramov (26405).

Reason: